Week 10

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
From the DungeonMaster:

Welcome to the Fantasy Dungeon. If you came here because of some fetish you’re in the wrong place; if you’re here because it’s week 10 and your fantasy football team is doing miserable or you have a couple tough calls, keep reading.

WHO AM I: I’m a guy who loves football stats and I love playing fantasy football. I have two leagues this year and am second in points in both. I was leading in both leagues until LT broke loose the last 2 weeks, I’ll let you know when I am back on top. I’ve run into the same problems as many of you have, waiting for Troy Williamson to show up again, trying to decide weather to start Peyton Manning or Marc Bulger, and the list goes on. As my successful decisions continued I talked with Dee Jay and she recommended I write something up for those of you who are interested, I hope you all enjoy.

WHO TO ADD: First off, there is no need for two kickers or two defenses and unless your backup TE and defender are great then you don’t need those either. Bye weeks are a thing of the past now and all you have to worry about are injuries. With Romo taking the leadership in Dallas, Patrick Crayton has been getting some more attention, he’ll be a better bet for you than Amani Toomer and Troy Williamson. Devery Henderson stepped up real nice in place of Joe Horn and Houston looks like they might have finally found the running game they expected out of Wali Lundy. Anthony Thomas has been filling in for Willis McGahee and has done a fine job so far, expect similar results for the next 3 weeks or so. Picking up Leon Washington (NYJ) is a good idea too, he has taken a lot of touches away from Kevan Barlow. Trent Green is looking to comeback in week 11 but it isn’t decided weather he will get his starting job back. He’s worth picking up until we find out.

INJURY REPORT: Laurence Moroney, Chester Taylor, Laverneous Coles, Joe Horn, and Santana Moss practiced lightly on the 9th and are still listed as questionable while Plaxico Burress and Keyshown Johnson both missed practice on the 9th but are expected to play this weekend. Amani Toomer is out for the season. Byron Leftwich will not start this weekend, David Garrard threw 3 tds in his place last week. Matt Hasselbeck and Shaun Alexander are still doubtful so Seneca Wallace and Maurice Morris are still solid starters. Joey Harrington is still in for an injured Daunte Culpepper.

SPLITTING TIME: Splitting time between RBs is the way of the league these days and it makes it pretty difficult to pick a starter. Thomas Jones, Deshaun Foster, Tatum Bell, Duece McAllister, Chris Henry, and Ahman Green are the clear rushing leaders for their teams. Owning one of their backups is only worth it if an injury is expected (Taylor, Green, Foster). Julius Jones-Marion Barber, Laurence Moroney-Corey Dillon, Fred Taylor- Maurice Jones-Drew, and Tiki Barber-Brandon Jacobs are tandems where the backup might be a better starter for your fantasy team. Leon Washington vs. Kevan Barlow is still a toss up.

WHO TO PLAY: Below are my QB, WR, RB, and TE predictions for the week in order from top to bottom.

<div align="center">
<table border="0" width="100%" id="table1">
<tr>
<td width="245" align="center" valign="top"><b>QB</b><p>Peyton<br>
Bulger<br>
McNabb<br>
Kitna<br>
McNair<br>
Romo<br>
Rivers<br>
Favre<br>
Grossman<br>
Vick<br>
Brees<br>
Harrington<br>
Brady<br>
Delhomme<br>
Palmer<br>
Huard<br>
Seneca Wallace<br>
Lienert<br>
Eli&nbsp;<br>
Carr<br>
Garrard<br>
Brunnell<br>
Johnson<br>
Pennington<br>
Ben<br>
Gradkowski<br>
Plummer</td>
<td width="246" align="center" valign="top"><b>RB</b><p>LJ<br>
LT<br>
C Taylor<br>
S Jackson<br>
Westbrook<br>
K Jones<br>
Parker<br>
J Lewis<br>
Gore<br>
Green<br>
T Bell<br>
R Brown<br>
Jones-Drew<br>
Portis<br>
F Taylor<br>
Addai<br>
Dunn&nbsp;<br>
Foster<br>
Rudi<br>
L Washington<br>
T Jones<br>
Morris<br>
Dillon<br>
Cadillac<br>
J Jones<br>
McAllister<br>
M Barber<br>
Tiki<br>
Lundy<br>
A Thomas<br>
Edge</td>
<td width="246" align="center" valign="top"><b>WR</b><p>Harrison<br>
Wayne<br>
R Williams<br>
S Smith<br>
Ocho Cinco<br>
BAL Clayton<br>
A Johnson<br>
TO<br>
Ward<br>
Boldin<br>
Holt<br>
Walker<br>
Evans<br>
S Moss<br>
Burress<br>
Coles<br>
Colston<br>
Galloway<br>
Gabriel<br>
D Jack<br>
Muhammad<br>
Driver<br>
Horn<br>
Fitzgerald<br>
Branch<br>
Jurevicious<br>
R Brown<br>
R Moss<br>
T Brown<br>
Furrey<br>
&nbsp;Droughns<br>
Kennison<br>
Chambers<br>
Housh<br>
M Jones<br>
Bryant<br>
Keyshawn<br>
E Parker<br>
T Taylor<br>
Cotchery<br>
Stallworth<br>
Mason<br>
K Curtis<br>
Bruce<br>
P Crayton<br>
Bennett<br>
Jennings<br>
D Henderson</td>
<td width="246" align="center" valign="top"><b>TE</b><p>Heap<br>
Gonzalez<br>
McMichael<br>
Witten<br>
LJ Smith<br>
Shockey<br>
Crumpler<br>
Cooley<br>
Watson<br>
Gates<br>
Winslow<br>
Daniels<br>
CHI Clark<br>
Miller<br>
IND Clark<br>
Stevens</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>

Angel

~*~*~
Okay DungeonMaster.... :frown: The FF League I'm in is a Set Roster by number of players (which was originally computer drafted by my choice of player rankings and of course I've traded some out through out the season). I have two QB's Carson Palmer and Philip Rivers. All other sites said I should put Palmer in as QB above Rivers, but Vrai's quote of your post is telling me quite the opposite... I have a dilemma here. :tap: SO, why do you think Rivers is going to do better then Palmer? I need this advice before game time Sunday. TIA and Good Luck getting into first for your own teams. :cheers:

Vrai - Where is Dungeonmaster?

BuddyLee

Football addict
Here is my delimma...

My WR's consist of Chris Henry, Keyshawn Johnson, Devery Henderson, Reggie Williams, Santana Moss, and Antonio Bryant. What a plethora of WR's!

I am certain to start Chris Henry and Keyshawn Johnson this week. However, who do I start at #3? I would usually put Santana Moss up there but I already have Chris Cooley as my TE so I wouldn't want to have two Redskins in the same week possibly taking points away from each other.

Should I go with Devery Henderson (NO), Reggie Williams (Jacksonville), Santana Moss, or Antonio Bryant (49ers)?

thedoug

Angel said:
Okay DungeonMaster.... :frown: The FF League I'm in is a Set Roster by number of players (which was originally computer drafted by my choice of player rankings and of course I've traded some out through out the season). I have two QB's Carson Palmer and Philip Rivers. All other sites said I should put Palmer in as QB above Rivers, but Vrai's quote of your post is telling me quite the opposite... I have a dilemma here. :tap: SO, why do you think Rivers is going to do better then Palmer? I need this advice before game time Sunday. TIA and Good Luck getting into first for your own teams. :cheers:

This was actually a pretty close call on this one. CIN allows around 30 ypg more passing and allows a lot less rushing TDs (7 vs SDs 15). Some big name FF advisors say to sit Chad Johnson this week; are any of you going to sit him?

thedoug

BuddyLee said:
Here is my delimma...

My WR's consist of Chris Henry, Keyshawn Johnson, Devery Henderson, Reggie Williams, Santana Moss, and Antonio Bryant. What a plethora of WR's!

I am certain to start Chris Henry and Keyshawn Johnson this week. However, who do I start at #3? I would usually put Santana Moss up there but I already have Chris Cooley as my TE so I wouldn't want to have two Redskins in the same week possibly taking points away from each other.

Should I go with Devery Henderson (NO), Reggie Williams (Jacksonville), Santana Moss, or Antonio Bryant (49ers)?

The safe bet would be to go with Moss. He is looking to be healthy this weekend and the Skins need a big game. Moss has been the guy giving them the big games in the past. As far as playing Cooley as well, I would do it. Would you rather play Cooley and Moss get 2 TDs or vice versa, or would you rather play both and get the TDs from either guy? If you are a gambler and don't want to play both Skins, Henderson should be a good bet. Last week he had 3 rec, 111 yds, and 2 TDs vs TB. This week he plays PIT who only allows 189 yds/ game (which will rise in closer games) but has allowed 13 passing TDs this year (tied for 6th most allowed in NFL). He hasn't proven himself to be consistant though. I'd play Moss.

Last edited by a moderator:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Nice call there...

DungeonMaster said:
Would you rather play Cooley and Moss get 2 TDs or vice versa, or would you rather play both and get the TDs from either guy?

...DM

:jameo:

LG not Vrail...

thedoug

Angel said:

WOW, did those two have great games or what? Didn't expect either to do that but also didn't expect LT to blow up for the 3rd week in a row.

Angel

~*~*~
DungeonMaster said:
WOW, did those two have great games or what? Didn't expect either to do that but also didn't expect LT to blow up for the 3rd week in a row.
I got 26 points off of Palmer AND Rivers got me 24 points on the bench, so yes that was a close call and a crazy come back for SD!

thedoug

Week 10 recap

Welcome back to the Fantasy Dungeon. Let’s start by recapping my week 10 predictions, advice, and what I did on my teams.

Last week I told you to get rid of your backup kickers, defenses, defenders, and tight ends unless you had valuable backups in case of an injury. Most leagues have 12 teams, if the top 12 are taken and your guy goes down, you can get LJ Smith who averages 2 pts per week more than Jermaine Wiggins (no 21 TE), bottom line, it doesn’t make a big difference for the week or so that your guy is out. Kickers rarely get injured and it isn’t likely that your backup defense is going to get picked up by someone else.

I also told you to pick up the following guys to replace those backups:

Patrick Crayton- 104 yds and 1 TD vs ARI

Devery Henderson- absolutely nothing and Joe Horn will likely be back for week 11.

Wali Lundy had 16 carries, 34yds, 1 TD while Samkon Gado had 17 carries for 67 yds. Miss Cleo can’t even tell us who will be running for HOU next week. Picking either up wouldn’t be so bad but I wouldn’t start either for another week or two.

Anthony Thomas picked up 109 yards while filling in for Willis McGahee, who will be out for another 1-4 weeks.

Leon Washington had 9 touches for 35 yds (3.9 avg) as the Jets went back to using Kevan Barlow more (75yds and a TD). It seems as though the Jets weren’t sure what they needed to do with the running game as Barlow hadn’t broke 50 yds in any game this season prior to week 10. Maybe now that he sees his job on the line it will push him a little more. Apply the same advice from HOU.

Trent Green got a little help at getting his starting job back when the Chiefs lost to the Dolphins this week. More information will come through in the rest of the week when his test results are released.

Forget Henderson and I’ll follow up more on the HOU and NYJ running games as well as on Trent Green.

SPLITTING TIME: Last week I told you Thomas Jones, Deshaun Foster, Tatum Bell, Duece McAllister, Travis Henry, and Ahman Green are the clear rushing leaders for the teams that split time. They were again this week. Owning one of their backups is only worth it if an injury is expected (Green and Foster). I also stated that there are sometimes where the backups score more than the starters. Here’s how that fared:

Julius Jones - Marion Barber: Jones had more runs, Barber had more yds and the TD, Barber wins.

Laurence Moroney - Corey Dillon: Moroney had more rushes, Dillon had way more yards, Dillon wins but Moroney was questionable before the game.

Fred Taylor- Maurice Jones-Drew: Taylor had more rushes, yards, receptions, and reception yards, Jones-Drew had the TD, Taylor wins.

Tiki Barber - Brandon Jacobs: Tiki had 141 yds rushing, Jacobs had 2 TDs, Tiki wins.

The starters won ¾ of those battles this week.

WHO TO PLAY: Let’s recap what I predicted for week 10:

QBs: McNair, Romo, Rivers, Favre, and Grossman lit it up. I ranked them 5-9, I hope you played them. Palmer and Big Ben went above anyone’s expectations. Palmer has been a great QB for the past couple years but SDs D looked helpless against him. Ben still hasn’t proven that he can do it consistently. As I predicted, Eli, Garrard, Brunnell, Brad Johnson, Pennington, and Gradkowski didn’t fair so well, I benched Eli, I hope you did too. Who woulda thought Peyton, Bulger, McNabb, and Kitna would do so bad?

RBs: LT, Steven Jackson, Willie Parker, yes, Willie Parker, and Frank Gore lived up to my expectations for the week. Cadilac Williams, Wali Lundy, Edge, and Ruben Droughns lived down to my expectations (is that a phrase?). Duece, Marion Barber, Tiki Barber, Anthony Thomas, Travis Henry, and Brandon Jacobs had better than expected scores. Clinton Portis, Chester Taylor, Kevin Jones, Ahman Green and Tatum Bell were all pretty sub-par this week.

WRs: I hope you listened to me and no the guy that told you not to play Chad Johnson, the highest scoring WR of the week. I hope you didn’t miss me telling you to play Steve Smith and Mark Clayton either and I hope you didn’t miss me telling you not to play… everyone that I told you not to play, except Donte Stallworth, Derrick Mason, and Jericho Cothery. While hose guys did great, Harrison, Roy Williams, Andre Johnson, Boldin, Holt, Santana Moss, Laverneous Coles, and Plaxico Burress all had some of their lowest weeks to date. Lee Evans was expected to perform a little better in the absence of Josh Reed.

TEs: How do you underrate the TE opposite Antonio Gates? Easy. Please let me know if anyone in you leagues owned Brandon Manumaleuna before week 10. He, Bo Scaife, and Dan Cambell were the top three TEs this week, they are also FAs in most leagues. I’d keep them there. Other than that it was a horrible week for TEs. Most had yards but no score or had the score but few yards.

I could’ve scored 1 more point in one league if I would’ve played Owen Daniels over Heap but I won by 1 point anyway. Right now I am the number 2 seed in this league. In my other league I lost, but I’m glad I played Delhomme over Eli. I could’ve scored 8 more points by playing Laverneous Coles over Deverey Henderson and DeAngelo Williams over Julius Jones. With my opponent having Rivers I wouldn’t have won anyway. As long as I get 1 more win or the bottome 4 teams each get 1 more loss I am in the playoffs. Still number 2 in points in both leagues and still behind LTs owner in both.

I'm assuming Angel won his league, Palmer got him 2 more points than Rivers. BuddyLee, I hope you have a helluva QB and some RBs to boot because other than Keyshawn, your WRs combined for 8 catches, 89yds, and 1 TD.

Angel

~*~*~
DungeonMaster said:
I'm assuming Angel won his league, Palmer got him 2 more points than Rivers. BuddyLee, I hope you have a helluva QB and some RBs to boot because other than Keyshawn, your WRs combined for 8 catches, 89yds, and 1 TD.
I am a girl... :blushing: :drama: And yes I did win this one. :cheers: