week 2

thedoug

Hope all went well in week 1. I won 6 out of my 8 leagues as opposed to the 3 I was "supposed" to win; hopefully you did as well. Let's start off with some injuries:

Steve McNair - Q
Terry Glenn - Out
Greg Jennings - Q
Eddie Kennison - Out
Chester Taylor - Q
Eli Manning - Q
Chad Pennington - Q
DJ Hackett - Out
Cadillac Wiliams - Q

And moving on to the starters of the week:

Romo
Peyton
Hesselbeck
Bulger
McNabb
Brees

Chris Brown
Parker
Gore
Rudi

TO
Branch
Harrison/Wayne
Torry Holt
Reggie Brown
Housh

I'm also picking Patrick Crayton as my sleeper pick.

And who not to play:

Schaub
Young
McCown
Harrington

T Jones
Lynch
Maroney

A Johnson
Curry/Porter
any ATL WR
Walker
Santana Moss

thedoug

who I'm starting

This week I am starting:

QB
Peyton Manning (this will probably never change)
Tom Brady over Rivers
Carson Palmer over Eli

RB
MJD and Portis over Lynch
MJD and M Barber over Lynch, Norwood, and C Brown
M Barber, D Ward and A Green over F Taylor and Lynch
MJD and Edge over A Green
Lynch, Green, and T Bell over F Taylor
MJD over Lynch and Jordan
Portis and T Henry over Jordan
C Brown over T Jones

WR
Reggie Brown and Galloway over Stallworth
S Moss over Porter and Curry
Bruce and Galloway over Evans, Curry, and D Carter
Reggie Brown over Curry
Chambers, McDonald, Burleson, and Engram over Porter
Reggie Brown over Bruce

TE
Dallas Clark over LJ Smith

DEF
GB over IND

K
Crosby, Stover, and Graham over Gostkowski (3 different leagues)

thedoug

my suggestions

AK74
Romo over McNabb
Andre Johnson over Coles
Brees, R Brown, Peterson, Johnson, Bennett, Cooley, Mare, and MIA
Peterson and Jones over White

Mainman
Branch over Evans

Kom
Moss, Stallworth and Henderson as starters
Losman over Cutler
Bush and Betts over Taylor

nomoney
Green over Schaub
DEN over BAL

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
DungeonMaster said:
Kom
Moss, Stallworth and Henderson as starters
Losman over Cutler
Bush and Betts over Taylor
This is what I was thinking also. I'm pretty sure that Taylor is going to be out for a couple of weeks at least, especially if Peterson can keep up his week 1 production.

Anybody want a great big Lurch of a qb? I booted Lurch Leinart after the Monday night game. AZ has no imagination on offense and Fitzgerald and Boldin are gonna split if some good things don't happen through the air.

thedoug

kom526 said:
This is what I was thinking also. I'm pretty sure that Taylor is going to be out for a couple of weeks at least, especially if Peterson can keep up his week 1 production.

Anybody want a great big Lurch of a qb? I booted Lurch Leinart after the Monday night game. AZ has no imagination on offense and Fitzgerald and Boldin are gonna split if some good things don't happen through the air.

I would have never drafted him to begin with but I do think that will be a low game for him. His future will be a little brighter. I did pick up Brady Quinn this week...

Last edited by a moderator:

thedoug

My transactions

I was going to wait until after at least week 2 before doing any transactions but...

I traded away Lee Evans and Jamal Lewis for Santana Moss and Marion Barber

Traded MJD for Travis Henry

those were before week 1

after week 1 I dropped Pennington for Garrard, Buckhalter for Derrick Ward, Michael Bennett for Mason Crosby, Marty Booker for Indy's D, Troy Williamson for Brady Quinn, Michael Bennett for Ronalrd Curry, Marty Booker for Drew Carter, Pennington for Garrard (again), Brandon Jackson for Chris Brown, Pierson Prioleau for Ronald Curry, Brian Kelly and Dan Klecko for Barrett Ruud and Kenyon Coleman, Justin Miller and Mark Simoneau for Brian Kelly and Dan Klecko, Mishael Bennett for Ronald Curry, and Brandon Jackson for Chris Brown (again). Remember I am in 8 leagues, that is why I had to let some guys go multiple times.

I've also been offerred Bush for Jordan. I gladly accepted. Bush was their 1st rounder, Jordan was my 15th rounder. I guess he got scared after last week.

I've also been offerred LT, Foster, Santonio Holmes, and JP Losman for Peyton, Randy Moss, LaMont Jordan and Travis Henry. I hate to lose Peyton, Moss, and Henry but I'm trying to convince myslef that Moss will get injured, Rivers will be my primary and play much better then last week, and that Foster won't get injured. I know I am getting the short end of the stick but I'd love to have LT.

Anyone else in any trades?

thedoug

kom526 said:

Since their reason for playing Taylor was his experience, I think Peterson just showed them they were wrong on that decision. That was a blessing for Peterson because Taylor wouldn't have lost that job anytime soon otherwise.

thedoug

injury updates

McNair - still Q, will likely play

Housh - Q, doesn't look likely (Chatman will probably be the best bet but only for a the week)

Terry Glenn - Out (probably for the rest of the season, Patrick Crayton is probably a better bet then at least 1 person on your team)

Greg Jennings - Q, will likely play

Josh Scobee - out 3-6 weeks

Kennison - Out

Jess Chatman doesn't look like he'll play so Ronnie Brown should have better numbers this week

Chester Taylor - Q (after Peterson's performance last week, I doubt the Viks are trying to rush taylor back too fast)

Eli - Q (I wouldn't risk it unless he is definite)

Jacobs - Out (Ward looked good last week though)

Pennington - Q (see Eli)

Thomas Jones will likely play at the same level as last week

Josh McCown - listed as probable but why not throw Culpepper in there?

Gates - Q, will likely play

Hackett - Out (picking Bobby Engram and Nate Burleson might not be bad grabs, Engram had more receptions last week)

Cadillac Williams - Q, will likely play