week 3

thedoug

already? Seems like these past couple weeks are flying by but now that we've been able to see these teams play for a couple weeks it should be easier to choose who to start this week, so here we go.

Who to play:

Favre - Age might get him sacked but he's playing a weak SD pass D
Garcia - The Rams pass D just hasn't been exploited enough
Delhomme - ATL allows 9.1 yds per attempt and Dante Hall isn't as good as everyone once thought
Young - NO pass D is worse than Atlanta's

If Jason Campbell were more accurate he'd be on the list too.

Maroney - The Bills allow the second highest yards per carry and the third most yards per game. The Pats have the abilty to stratch the field out and open up a running game
Lewis - Won't put up the numbers he did last week, but who will?
Alexander - Did you see Cincy's defense last week? Me Neither.
Portis - Will get some red zone time in a shootout against the Giants
Betts - See Portis
LenDale White - NO's run defense is almost as bad as their pass D
Chris Brown - Might not be a bad idea against the Saints
Travis Henry - Even Norwood and Dunn had 80 yards and a TD against the Jags

Steven Jackson isn't in the most favorable matchup but is waiting to explode
LaDanian Tomlinson is actually in an unfavorable matchup but is also waiting to explode

Antonio Gates - Because last week could have been worse for the Chargers

Galloway - See Garcia
Smith - See Delhomme
Curry - It's his turn to use the Browns' pass D

MIN
NE
PIT
KC

And think twice before playing:

Alex Smith - PIT pass D is doing pretty good, Smith will spend some time on his back this weekend
Cutler - JAX hasn't allowed a passing TD this year and they have allowed the second least passing yards per game
Garrard - DEN has allowed the least yards per game and least yards per attempt
Grossman - Could beat the Cowboys deep but they also have 5 picks this year and Grossman isn't known for making the best decisions

Tomlinson - In a very unfavorable matchup against GB's run D
Brandon Jackson - Because SD's run D is the only high point for their team
LJ - MIN's run D is a force to be recon with
Addai - Houston hasn't allowed a rushing TD this year, but I wouldn't be surprised if Addai gets the first
Benson - The Cowboys haven't allowed a rushing TD this year, don't expect Benson to get the first

Last edited by a moderator:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
I have L. White in one league and Chris Brown in another, my plan is to start L. White and sit Brown I think that Tenn. is going to make White the man and put Brown on the back burner. I could be wrong but that is the feeling I am getting from them.

The hell with Ronnie Brown, he has to prove something to me before I start him again. Unfortunately I have him in 2 leagues and unproven RB's on the bench.

Last edited:

thedoug

AK-74me said:
I have L. White in one league and Chris Brown in another, my plan is to start L. White and sit Brown I think that Tenn. is going to make White the man and put Brown on the back burner. I could be wrong but that is the feeling I am getting from them.

The hell with Ronnie Brown, he has to prove something to me before I start him again. Unfortunately I have him in 2 leagues and unproven RB's on the bench.

Try having Reggie Brown and Donte Stallworth in 4 leagues... I would go with White over C Brown but I wouldn't count Brown out, especially this week. By unproven's I am guessing you mean guys like Derrick Ward and DeShawn Wynn or Brandon Jackson. Just a guess. Miami has the ability to open the running game, the Jets have shown a weak pass D, no sacks, no INTs, and 5 TDs allowed. Ronnie Brown has the ability, his problem is health, and he's healthy right now. I would play Ronnie Brown over those guys.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
DungeonMaster said:
Try having Reggie Brown and Donte Stallworth in 4 leagues... I would go with White over C Brown but I wouldn't count Brown out, especially this week. By unproven's I am guessing you mean guys like Derrick Ward and DeShawn Wynn or Brandon Jackson. Just a guess. Miami has the ability to open the running game, the Jets have shown a weak pass D, no sacks, no INTs, and 5 TDs allowed. Ronnie Brown has the ability, his problem is health, and he's healthy right now. I would play Ronnie Brown over those guys.

Just tired of 2 years of dissapointment from Ronnie Brown, would actually love to have him prove that he is a starting FFL player.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
How about someone kicking R. Bush in the azz? He is absolute deadwood right now. I wish my yahoo team was as solid as my nfl.com team.
Yahoo last week- My qb Schaub vs. Carson Palmer
This week-Schaub or McCown vs. Big Ben :doh: I may have to try and pick up Lurch again. :lmao:

But I have high hopes for my WR and I have info from an HOF QB that Cooley will explode vs. the Gnats.

mainman

Set Trippin
kom526 said:
How about someone kicking R. Bush in the azz? He is absolute deadwood right now. I wish my yahoo team was as solid as my nfl.com team.
This week-Schaub or McCown vs. Big Ben :doh: I may have to try and pick up Lurch again. :lmao:

But I have high hopes for my WR and I have info from an HOF QB that Cooley will explode vs. the Gnats.
Dude, I have LT and he aint doin ####....:bawl:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Ok,

pick 2 out of the 4 to start.

All have pretty favorable matchups.

A. Peterson vs. KC
Ronnie Brown vs. Jets
T. Jones vs. Miami
Lenale White N.O.

I am leaning toward Brown and Peterson, but T. Jones might be the one that has the biggest week against Miami week D.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
AK-74me said:
Ok,

A. Peterson vs. KC
Ronnie Brown vs. Jets
T. Jones vs. Miami
Lenale White N.O.

I am leaning toward Brown and Peterson, but T. Jones might be the one that has the biggest week against Miami week D.
You want to trade Peterson to me for R. Bush :yay:

thedoug

kom526 said:

Reggie Bush didn't do much of anything the beginning of last year either.

thedoug

AK-74me said:
Ok,

A. Peterson vs. KC
Ronnie Brown vs. Jets
T. Jones vs. Miami
Lenale White N.O.

I would actually go the oppoisite. White has a VERY favorable matchup. The Chiefs allow 3.6 ypc and Peterson hasn't proven to be a fantasy stud yet. The Jets allow 3.5 ypc and Jones isn't playing at the caliber he did last year.

mainman

Set Trippin
Team 1 2-0
QB Peyton Manning
RB Brian Westbrook
RB Marion Barber III
RB/WR Marques Colston
WR Reggie Wayne
WR Deion Branch
TE Dallas Clark
D/ST Broncos
K Neil Rackers
Bench Lee Evans
Bench Kellen Winslow
Bench Bears D/ST
Bench Mark Clayton
Bench Brett Favre
Bench LenDale White
Bench Derrick Mason

Team 2 2-0
Hasselbeck, Matt
Jackson, Steven
McGahee, Willis
Smith, Steve
Walker, Javon
Ward, Hines
Winslow, Kellen
Hanson, Jason
Broncos, DST

BN Campbell, Jason
BN Betts, Ladell
BN Turner, Michael
BN Henderson, Devery
BN Muhammad, Muhsin

Team 3 1-1
QB Marc Bulger
WR Terrell Owens
WR Andre Johnson
WR Deion Branch
RB LaDainian Tomlinson
RB Willie Parker
TE Kellen Winslow
K Robbie Gould
DEF Minnesota
BN Jamal Lewis
BN Jon Kitna
BN Joe Horn
BN Jerry Porter
BN Eric Johnson
BN Dallas

thedoug

mainman said:
Team 1 2-0
QB Peyton Manning
RB Brian Westbrook
RB Marion Barber III
RB/WR Marques Colston
WR Reggie Wayne
WR Deion Branch
TE Dallas Clark
D/ST Broncos
K Neil Rackers
Bench Lee Evans
Bench Kellen Winslow
Bench Bears D/ST
Bench Mark Clayton
Bench Brett Favre
Bench LenDale White
Bench Derrick Mason

Team 2 2-0
Hasselbeck, Matt
Jackson, Steven
McGahee, Willis
Smith, Steve
Walker, Javon
Ward, Hines
Winslow, Kellen
Hanson, Jason
Broncos, DST

BN Campbell, Jason
BN Betts, Ladell
BN Turner, Michael
BN Henderson, Devery
BN Muhammad, Muhsin

Team 3 1-1
QB Marc Bulger
WR Terrell Owens
WR Andre Johnson
WR Deion Branch
RB LaDainian Tomlinson
RB Willie Parker
TE Kellen Winslow
K Robbie Gould
DEF Minnesota
BN Jamal Lewis
BN Jon Kitna
BN Joe Horn
BN Jerry Porter
BN Eric Johnson
BN Dallas

Just a couple things to think about:

The Saints run D is worse than the Titans pass D, and the Saints haven't been all that great at passing this year. White might be a better play over Colston.

SF has had a pretty decent run D against Edge and Steven Jackson. Oakland has had a horrible run D against Tatum Bell and Travis Henry, Jamal Lewis might be a better play than Willie Parker
I think both DAL and MIN will have great days on defense so it's hard to argue one over the other.
Andre Johnson is out this week and Porter has a decent shot at scoring some points against Cleveland this weekend anyway.

mainman

Set Trippin
DungeonMaster said:
Just a couple things to think about:

The Saints run D is worse than the Titans pass D, and the Saints haven't been all that great at passing this year. White might be a better play over Colston.

SF has had a pretty decent run D against Edge and Steven Jackson. Oakland has had a horrible run D against Tatum Bell and Travis Henry, Jamal Lewis might be a better play than Willie Parker
I think both DAL and MIN will have great days on defense so it's hard to argue one over the other.
Andre Johnson is out this week and Porter has a decent shot at scoring some points against Cleveland this weekend anyway.
:yay:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
DungeonMaster said:
I would actually go the oppoisite. White has a VERY favorable matchup. The Chiefs allow 3.6 ypc and Peterson hasn't proven to be a fantasy stud yet. The Jets allow 3.5 ypc and Jones isn't playing at the caliber he did last year.

I gotta play Peterson so far he is has the most fantasy points for me at RB and is 2nd in the NFC in yards from scrimmage for RB's.

I'd rather sit that bum Ronnie Brown but the Jets D has been almost as terrible as him. This is gonna be a game time descision for me. Sitting Peterson in week 1 really hurt, I feel I have to play him.

thedoug

AK-74me said:
I gotta play Peterson so far he is has the most fantasy points for me at RB and is 2nd in the NFC in yards from scrimmage for RB's.

I'd rather sit that bum Ronnie Brown but the Jets D has been almost as terrible as him. This is gonna be a game time descision for me. Sitting Peterson in week 1 really hurt, I feel I have to play him.

OK, but I would go White as your other starter.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Peterson off to a good start with a quick TD!!!!

Good call on R. Brown, I did start him in both leagues.

Peterson ended up having an impressive performance too!!!

Last edited:

thedoug

AK-74me said:
Peterson off to a good start with a quick TD!!!!

Good call on R. Brown, I did start him in both leagues.

Peterson ended up having an impressive performance too!!!

Glad you started him. I saw his stats and I was thinking about it.