week 9

thedoug

We have hit the halfway point for the regular season and most fantasy leagues only have a couple weeks left. Most of you know by now if you are going to make he playoffs or not. For those that are borderline, this is the post for you.

Start:

Hasselbeck
Palmer
Kitna
Rivers

if you don't have those 4, Ben, Romo, Brady, and Campbell should have pretty good weeks too.

Sit:

McNair
Carr
Young
Warner
Dilfer
Leftwich or Harrington

and...

Peyton Manning might not be a good idea this week. Without Marvin Harrison there he's limited and will be feeling a lot of pressure this weekend.

There are favorable matchups for:

Lamont Jordan
Kevin Jones
Addai
Jamal Lewis
LenDale White
Lynch
Gore

I would play:

Tomlinson
Lynch
M Barber
Portis

and seriously consider Addai, LenDale White, Kevin Jones and Rudi Johnson. If Travis Henry plays this week he should also be considered as a starter.

Sit Thomas Jones and Grant (the one in GB that everyone is saying to pick up)

Starting WRs:

Deion Branch if healthy
Chad Johnson
Housh
Roy Williams
Hines Ward
TO
R Moss

maybe even:

Chambers
Lee Evans
S Moss
Randel El
Brandon Marshall

Sit:
Mason
Boldin

Aside from your normal TEs, Scheffler should be a good play this week. Washington, San Diego, and Pittsburgh should be good defenses to have this week. Stay away from Baltimore, Denver, New Orleans, and Philly.

Daddy_O

Big Wheelin'
Question on RB, Our league is seriously low, and I have to start either Priest Holmes or Morency. Morency is a dud, but I am not sure about Priest Holmes. Will he get any real playing time?

thedoug

Question on RB, Our league is seriously low, and I have to start either Priest Holmes or Morency. Morency is a dud, but I am not sure about Priest Holmes. Will he get any real playing time?

How do you even end up with those two? No Priest Holmes is not likely to get much playing time. You would be better off finding someone like Echemandu from HOU, Grant in GB, Selvin Young, maybe even Michael Bennett. Please tell me the story of how you ended up with those two...

Daddy_O

Big Wheelin'
I am in a league that has way too many teams (14), and then the teams were each given extra bench spots. I did have a good group of backs, until Cadillac injured himself. Then Rudi....story continues to the point I now have to rely on starting Alexander, and either of the two backs mentioned. the rb's you named have already been claimed.

thedoug

I am in a league that has way too many teams (14), and then the teams were each given extra bench spots. I did have a good group of backs, until Cadillac injured himself. Then Rudi....story continues to the point I now have to rely on starting Alexander, and either of the two backs mentioned. the rb's you named have already been claimed.

So why not play Rudi? There is no reason why he can't play this week especially since Kenny Watson had a concussion last week. He should do way better than your other two.

thedoug

Lynch because:

Cincy allows 4.7 ypr, 139 ypg, and BUF has no passing game. Buffalo might have to rely on a pass game a little more if they get behind though.

Portis because:

The Jets allow 4.1 ypr, 134.2 ypg, and have allowed 9 TDs. Portis has been he shining star of the Skins' offense this year. The Skins have the ability to get up early and let Portis run more.

Not Edge because:

TB has a slightly better run defense than the other two, notice I said slightly. I wouldn't say that any of these backs will get you many more points than any other back.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Lynch because:

Cincy allows 4.7 ypr, 139 ypg, and BUF has no passing game. Buffalo might have to rely on a pass game a little more if they get behind though.

Portis because:

The Jets allow 4.1 ypr, 134.2 ypg, and have allowed 9 TDs. Portis has been he shining star of the Skins' offense this year. The Skins have the ability to get up early and let Portis run more.

Not Edge because:

TB has a slightly better run defense than the other two, notice I said slightly. I wouldn't say that any of these backs will get you many more points than any other back.

Looks like you made the right call

thedoug

I must admit, I didn't see the passing TD coming. Expect Lee Evans to continue at this pace too. Him and Deion Branch would both be good pick ups. My mistake of the week was getting Kyle Brady to fill in at TE this week since Ben Watson was questionable. I also played Rivers and SD defense in tow leagues each. Both bad ideas.