Weight Loss

D

dems4me

What is the maximum amount of weight you can loose in a week or two or even a month and still be considered "safe" :confused: What's the average :shrug: Is there a link to this stuff? Thanks !!! :huggy:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Personally, as much as possible. I don't care what the experts say. The faster it comes off, the happier I am.

I've lost over a size since I started dieting on the 14th.

Good luck!

mainman

Set Trippin
dems4me said:
What is the maximum amount of weight you can loose in a week or two or even a month and still be considered "safe" :confused: What's the average :shrug: Is there a link to this stuff? Thanks !!! :huggy:
I think it's 2 pounds a week...

D

dems4me

elaine said:
Personally, as much as possible. I don't care what the experts say. The faster it comes off, the happier I am.

I've lost over a size since I started dieting on the 14th.

Good luck!

Thanks!! I hadn't intended to diet but this one just kind of fell on me anyways because I've been soo busy and running around all the time. Less time for eating and I'm much more active now. :smile: I was just in another forum mentioning I've lost 10 and 3/4th lbs in two weeks according to my scale (though it fluctuates) that's been the average for this two week period and then started thinking maybe it's too much in too short of a time period :confused: I know it'll slow down and ebb but was just wondering if that was too fast... Its not like I can even notice or even see a 10lb weight loss difference :roflmao: It all looks blobular to me. Me and a coworker are diet buddies. She's into sculpting and I'm into anything that losses weight. We were just talking yesterday about being blobular and how there's no size that fits us blobular people. :lol: So we are getting back in shape :dance: I'm at that piont where I just GOTTA do something... I just looked in the mirror in the bathroom and could swear I'm 5 feet wide :frown:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
dems4me said:
Thanks!! I hadn't intended to diet but this one just kind of fell on me anyways because I've been soo busy and running around all the time. Less time for eating and I'm much more active now. :smile: I was just in another forum mentioning I've lost 10 and 3/4th lbs in two weeks according to my scale (though it fluctuates) that's been the average for this two week period and then started thinking maybe it's too much in too short of a time period :confused: I know it'll slow down and ebb but was just wondering if that was too fast... Its not like I can even notice or even see a 10lb weight loss difference :roflmao: It all looks blobular to me. Me and a coworker are diet buddies. She's into sculpting and I'm into anything that losses weight. We were just talking yesterday about being blobular and how there's no size that fits us blobular people. :lol: So we are getting back in shape :dance:

The first time I did Atkins, I dropped 50 lbs in three months. Everybody said it was unhealthy and I was gonna' look "drawn and sickly". I felt great, and didn't look sickly at all. :yay:

I'm doing it again. Fortunately, I don't have as much to lose this time.

D

dems4me

elaine said:
The first time I did Atkins, I dropped 50 lbs in three months. Everybody said it was unhealthy and I was gonna' look "drawn and sickly". I felt great, and didn't look sickly at all. :yay:

So that was a 4.1666666 average a week... WTG!!!

stockgirl

Stocki
elaine said:

Try South Beach. It works well and it's much healthier! (63 lbs. in 6 months) :yay:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
stockgirl said:
Try South Beach. It works well and it's much healthier! (63 lbs. in 6 months) :yay:

If I can lose 50 in 3 months, why on earth would I want to wait and extra 3 months?

D

dems4me

stockgirl said:
Guess not. It's just a much healthier route. Carry on.

What defines healthy? :shrug: What makes one more thealthier than another :shrug:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
dems4me said:
What defines healthy? :shrug: What makes one more thealthier than another :shrug:

Healthy is defined by experts who want you to remain unhealthy so they can reap the financial rewards.

Christy

b*tch rocket
stockgirl said:
It was just a damn suggestion. Nevermind. Have a great day!
See, it would have been better, and less condescending, if you'd said. "I do the South Beach diet, which is similar to Atkins, that is what works best for me". :shrug:

Self annointed know it all's tend to annoy people. :shrug:

stockgirl

Stocki
dems4me said:
What defines healthy? :shrug: What makes one more healthier than another :shrug:
South Beach is not a low carb diet. The object is to lower your carb intake and cut out un-needs bad cholestrol (fried foods, etc...) and replace them with needed nutrient filled foods.

Christy

b*tch rocket
stockgirl said:
South Beach is not a low carb diet. The object is to lower your carb intake and cut out un-needs bad cholestrol (fried foods, etc...) and replace them with needed nutrient filled foods.
Personally, Atkins and South Beach are both too low carb for me. The best way for me to lose weight is get off my lazy ass and exercise and simply watch my calories.

If I had to, I'd do Atkins over South Beach. I like steak, and lots of it. Who wants the hassle of catching the bird flu from eating 10,000 pounds of boiled chicken. :shrug: