Weight loss

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Why is it that the first things to go are the belly fat and the ring size? You'd think you'd lose first wherever you've got the most fat. But no - my butt and thighs are still gargantuan, but my fingers are thin and I disappear when I turn sideways.

Why is that?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
vraiblonde said:
Why is it that the first things to go are the belly fat and the ring size? You'd think you'd lose first wherever you've got the most fat. But no - my butt and thighs are still gargantuan, but my fingers are thin and I disappear when I turn sideways.

Why is that?

Because your lovely, womanly hips are not supposed to disappear.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:

Why is that?

:howdy: Same with me and my waist and face... It could just be as little as 2 or 3 lbs and I can look and feel quite a bit different... :howdy:

Pete

Repete
virgovictoria said:
:howdy: Same with me and my waist and face... It could just be as little as 2 or 3 lbs and I can look and feel quite a bit different... :howdy:
:rolleyes: If you stick out your tongue you look like a zipper.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
elaine said:
Because your lovely, womanly hips are not supposed to disappear.
But...I want them to. :frown:

VV, my face has gotten noticeably thinner, too. So, like, do I have to become emaciated everywhere else in order to move some of this butt flab???

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
vraiblonde said:

VV, my face has gotten noticeably thinner, too. So, like, do I have to become emaciated everywhere else in order to move some of this butt flab???
How much cardio do you do? Are you a natural pear shape? The only time I've seen natural pear shapes really trim the proportions is when they take up running. I'm speaking from experience also.

morganj614

vraiblonde said:

Why is that?

Face and fingers for me. Butt is always last to go:bawl:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
vraiblonde said:

Why is that?
From the few pictures of you that I've seen, you look beautiful. Why mess with that?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
BadGirl said:
From the few pictures of you that I've seen, you look beautiful. Why mess with that?
Thank you :love:

But I have a petty goal. :evil: After that I can go back to my steak-eating beer-drinking bad habits because I don't really care if I'm a few pounds overweight or not.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:

If I knew that answer, universally, I'd be very wealthy. I would however, share with you gratuitously.

But, sadly to say, it does appear that the targeted point of our woes is always the last to go... Clingly dearly for life, or our azz as it may be, until the final curtain call, before it lets go...

:shrug: I think JLo had some Azz trainer or something crazy that targeted certain spots to REDUCE muscle build up, but deplete fat yada yada yada...

we women are crazy.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
bresamil said:
How much cardio do you do? Are you a natural pear shape?
Light treadmill - 3 or 5 times a week, 1/2 hour to 45 minutes at 4 mph average.

Natural pear shape - my butt's always been boogie. I'm going to end up having to do weights to tone all this crap up. :mad:

Pete

Repete
vraiblonde said:

Natural pear shape - my butt's always been boogie. I'm going to end up having to do weights to tone all this crap up. :mad:
I never really looked at your butt on purpose, ok, I am lying butt I am sure it is great. :yay:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
vraiblonde said:

Low weight, high rep or else you'll build muscle under the fat and end up with more inches instead of less.

You have a 25 year class reunion coming up don't you?

sockgirl77

bresamil said:
Low weight, high rep or else you'll build muscle under the fat and end up with more inches instead of less.

You have a 25 year class reunion coming up don't you?
That's why I busted my ass to lose what I did. My 10th was last year. My boobs are back now. :ohwell: