Weird kid names

Frank

Chairman of the Board
watercolor said:
Oh man! Poor Frank! You will NEVER live that down. :lmao:

Took me a while to connect "grace" with the pool, but I think they were keying in on the definition meaning the opposite of clumsy - where I was referring to both names specifically referring to the grace of God, which is what usually comes to mind for me.

But the pool thing doesn't bother me. I actually wear it as a badge of honor. If you recall, I fell on my way INTO the party. I wasn't going to let a little bit of embarassment spoil my evening. My girlfriend and now wife of nearly three years took that incident as indicative of my ability to deal with just about anything.

Frank

Chairman of the Board
sockgirl77 said:
Amen sista.

No argument there.

Reminds me of the old observation of the difference between jerks, and azzholes.

Azzholes are *PROUD* of that distinction.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Frank said:
But the pool thing doesn't bother me. I actually wear it as a badge of honor. If you recall, I fell on my way INTO the party. I wasn't going to let a little bit of embarassment spoil my evening. My girlfriend and now wife of nearly three years took that incident as indicative of my ability to deal with just about anything.

oh I remember quite well! And I am proud of you for doing so.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Frank said:
Vrai would like this one - I used to work with a man named Frederick Post - which was the name of the newspaper up there (before it bought out another paper and expanded the name).
Ugh! They have the WORST commercial in the world. "The FNP, it's for you and me, something something, it's for the FAM-ily..." with these white-breads trying rap and failing miserably.

:twitch:

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
The following might be odd to some:

My grandfather's name was Menasse. I can find other's with the same name and identicle spelling, but can't find that spelling listed anywhere.

My father's name was Elie. French version of Eliyahu (Elijah).

She just named my daughter Piper Eliora..... (another 3 names follow that).

jaie

So happy!
I am one of those parents that decided to do the weird spelling of my child's name, Hayleigh. Poor kid. I don't know what I was thinking I just wanted it to be different.

jaie said:
I am one of those parents that decided to do the weird spelling of my child's name, Hayleigh. Poor kid. I don't know what I was thinking I just wanted it to be different.
:coffee:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
My mother in law wanted me to name my daughter "Mignonette" (pronounced "Minunette" - family name), and call her "Minnie". She even promised that if I did, my daughter would receive her great grandmothers' silver when she passed. I flat out refused.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
jaie said:

Indeed. What momma would do that to their poor child? :rolleyes:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Chain729 said:
The following might be odd to some:

My grandfather's name was Menasse. I can find other's with the same name and identicle spelling, but can't find that spelling listed anywhere.

My father's name was Elie. French version of Eliyahu (Elijah).

She just named my daughter Piper Eliora..... (another 3 names follow that).
I think I'm going to name my son Identicle.