Welcome back! Here's what's new:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Just got this

What does that mean?

If you browse the forums on your phone or tablet, you can get notifications on that device for whatever you subscribed to and it will pop up a little message. "Hi Ken, Vraiblonde just imparted some of her amazing wisdom, click here to see what she said!"

:jet:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
If you browse the forums on your phone or tablet, you can get notifications on that device for whatever you subscribed to and it will pop up a little message. "Hi Ken, Vraiblonde just imparted some of her amazing wisdom, click here to see what she said!"

:jet:
I get the notifications on my laptop, is it "broked"?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Maybe your laptop identifies as a cellphone.
Well I closed that message and got a stern warning that I should do it. Lucky for it there was an ask me later option.

Oh, by the way, were there any suicides while the forums were down?

somdadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Just got this

What does that mean?
This is the new Push Notifications feature. If you agree, the little alerts you usually see at the top right part of the page when you click on the bell icon will be pushed to your device. In WIN10, I get a little alert window from the Notifications icon at the bottom right of the screen.

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
Here's something You may find helpful. You can now connect your forums' account to 1 or more of the pictured Social Media accounts. Then if you come to the forums, and you are already logged into the respective social media site, you are automatically logged into the forums. New people can also register using the Social Media account.

I'm on Twitter and Google 7x24x365, so this works great for me.

SamSpade

It's going to take some time to get used to the new format. Right now my major beef is, it's not very - DENSE. As in, needlessly wide margins here and there, and posts are comparatively huge so that I can see very little at once on a laptop.

It does have a lot of features going for it - for one, the ads don't flop over onto the posts such that they compress or distort the post. Ignore really IS ignore so that not only do I not see irritating posters I've put on ignore, I'm not tempted to respond to their posts. It's my HOPE - however vain - that it may encourage or pressure people who like to be willfully annoying will clean up their act, because no one will be talking to them. I think that for some, that will not be possible, since that is how they choose to make their presence felt. But there are plenty of people here with opinions I don't agree with, who know how to disagree without being disagreeable.

I already have someone following my posts - I found that pretty damned cool.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
@somdadmin @David Is there any way to do multiple quotes in a thread? You used to be able to select several posts to quote, then hit reply on the bottom of the thread, and all the quotes would show up in the new post.

seekeroftruth

I tried to post but it says it "can't find the thread".... but it let me post something else this morning....

David... would you please delete the ones that aren't any good anyway.... don't want to frustrate readers.... oh and I like the ability to like a post... very cool....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
@somdadmin @David Is there any way to do multiple quotes in a thread? You used to be able to select several posts to quote, then hit reply on the bottom of the thread, and all the quotes would show up in the new post.

Click "Reply" next to each post you want to multi-quote. They'll show up in a post window as you select them. AND you can choose posts to add to the quote even after you've started the reply.

The site will send notifications to your email/phone for threads you have posted in or when you get likes etc. .... My guess.

I tried to post but it says it "can't find the thread".... but it let me post something else this morning....

David... would you please delete the ones that aren't any good anyway.... don't want to frustrate readers.... oh and I like the ability to like a post... very cool....

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
[/QUOTE]

Click "Reply" next to each post you want to multi-quote. They'll show up in a post window as you select them. AND you can choose posts to add to the quote even after you've started the reply.
Very cool. Thanks!

DeeJay

Administrator
Staff member
David's guide to BB Code and other new features:

DeeJay

Administrator
Staff member
Two things:

As far as we can tell, there is no limit to stored conversations (PMs).

When you click a thread it will take you to the first new post since you last looked at the thread. Since everything is new, the system doesn't know what you have and haven't seen since the upgrade. That's why clicking some threads will take you to the first post and others will take you to a different post.

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
Hi @seekeroftruth, I didn't see any bad posts from you today. If you come upon one, just use the "Report" link and then we'll know right where it is.

P.S. With the new system, just put an @ before the user's name and they will get an alert letting know they have been mentioned in a post.