jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
@David Did it work for you? I got a message

I don't even see that.

On the forums home page:

From the Members link:

Auntie Biache'

@David - Can we make this stick at the top when we scroll down, so we don't have to scroll back up to click "new posts"?

Attachments

• scroll.JPG
    scroll.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
The old forums showed "Members online" in alphabetic order while the new one shows them in last activity order.
Just checked and the only controls are how many to display and Enable 'People you follow' row. No sorting options.

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
We also have this option:

I'm not sure what they mean by Performance Implications. But, we could try it out in the test site, if there are volunteers. OF course, this has nothing to do with the Members Online widget that appears on the main page.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Just checked and the only controls are how many to display and Enable 'People you follow' row. No sorting options.
Okay, thanks for checking.

Another things I noticed:

Any way of making the other options on this bar show up enough that you can see they are available when currently selecting one of the other options? I only stumbled upon them as my cursor passed over it and highlighted them. They are so light gray as to be invisible. The other options like 'New posts', 'New media', 'New resources', 'Your news feed', 'Latest activity', etc.?

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
Oh yeah, I thought there might be some of those lurking around. Good find. The color model of the baseline theme I used differs enough from what I used that the certain colors combos (background vs text) don't always align. This goes on the Punch List. I will report your post to admin so it goes into the to do queue. I need to get some lunch before I pass out.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
We also have this option:

View attachment 134809

I'm not sure what they mean by Performance Implications. But, we could try it out in the test site, if there are volunteers. OF course, this has nothing to do with the Members Online widget that appears on the main page.

I don't this there would be performance issues either, based on the size of this site and the number of users who are normally active at a time. On the test site, can you do performance testing, including load and stress tests? I would be happy to help out if I can.

For scrolling up....

When you get near or at the bottom of the page, just scroll up a little bit. A semi-transparent arrow will appear on the right near the bottom. Click that to return to the top of the page.

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
Can we make this stick at the top when we scroll down, so we don't have to scroll back up to click "new posts"?
The answer is YES. See below:

If @DeeJay @vraiblonde and the testers want to have a look at it and try it out to see if it is the right way to go for the live site... DJ, the test site is password protected now. I'll give info to you and you can provide it to whomever need be. You and I can then discuss offline.

BE SURE to evaluate it on phones and tablets since there is much less screen space and it could negatively impact the UX.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If @DeeJay @vraiblonde and the testers want to have a look at it and try it out to see if it is the right way to go for the live site... DJ, the test site is password protected now. I'll give info to you and you can provide it to whomever need be. You and I can then discuss offline.

BE SURE to evaluate it on phones and tablets since there is much less screen space and it could negatively impact the UX.

It's doing that for me right now. 😕

lucky_bee

RBF expert
maybe I'm missing it, but I've checked all the threads about the new site and here's my question:

when I get to the bottom of a thread, there used to be a button that allowed us to jump forward to the next thread, or backwards to the previous thread. There doesn't seem to be anything like that now? When I finish reading a thread (I like to read them sequentially), I've just been clicking the current forum section's link, and then I have to scroll back down to find the next thread I haven't read/haven't see latest postings in. Feels like 3 extra steps when it used to be 1.

Am I missing the "next thread' button? Or did that not make the cut....

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
I would be happy to help out if I can.
@jazz lady I activated it on the test site if you want to have a look and see if it even adds any value. I'm a one man army, so load and stress testing is not even on my radar. If interested, I can PM you the credentials. You can also check out that sticky menu.

Last edited:

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
Am I missing the "next thread' button? Or did that not make the cut
That was actually one of my strong desires. I researched it and it is not an option. Apparently, it has been suggested several times, but the license holders overall routinely show little interest, and as such the developers do not take it on. Personally, I would love to be able to swipe side to side on my table to read the next thread.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
That was actually one of my strong desires. I researched it and it is not an option. Apparently, it has been suggested several times, but the license holders overall routinely show little interest, and as such the developers do not take it on. Personally, I would be able to swipe side to side on my table to read the next thread.
:tantrum that is truly obnoxious.