Welcome back! Here's what's new:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I refuse to read the blathering politically charged trolls. I had them blocked under the old format but I would still see their threads and also quotes if others quoted them... now it is as if they don't exist.
Same here. They add nothing of value and it is nice they are now in my forum experience purgatory. :lol:

What I have always loved MOST about this forum was reading the views/perspectives of those that see/respond to things differently than I do. Discussions have always made me think about my perspectives even if it did not sway my opinion, it gave me an understanding on different ways of seeing the same thing. But the trolls bring NOTHING to any subject. There is never any sense of true debate or discussion when they show up.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I refuse to read the blathering politically charged trolls. I had them blocked under the old format but I would still see their threads and also quotes if others quoted them... now it is as if they don't exist.
:dance:I wonder if anyone has blocked me?

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
Any way of making the other options on this bar show up enough that you can see they are available when currently selecting one of the other options?
@jazz lady @vraiblonde I believe this will resolve that issue. There is a possibility that it will throw something else off --- there are so many different combos out there. I took a look around and I didn't see any issues. If you find something, please screen capture the issue and post in this thread, then report the post so I have an action item. Thanks to Jazz for finding/reporting.

For everyone, this is what you will now see when you click on What's new in the menu bar. Before you could not see the text because it was so light.

@jazz lady @vraiblonde I believe this will resolve that issue. There is a possibility that it will throw something else off --- there are so many different combos out there. I took a look around and I didn't see any issues. If you find something, please screen capture the issue and post in this thread, then report the post so I have an action item. Thanks to Jazz for finding/reporting.

View attachment 134934
Looks good so far on FireFox with default skin. Thanx, Dave.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member

View attachment 134934

For everyone, this is what you will now see when you click on What's new in the menu bar. Before you could not see the text because it was so light.
Looks great and thanks!

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
Just fixed the old YouTube BBCode
Code:
[YOUTUBE]ov4epAJRPMw[/YOUTUBE]
It would just display the code and not the video.

Also, the old (legacy) Twitter BBCode can not be fixed because it steps on the current way of posting Tweets. An example of the old code:
Code:
[twitter]https://twitter.com/TrueFactsStated/status/906169198874947585[/twitter]
If you have any of these in old posts you want to save, just edit the post and remove the [twitter][/twitter]. Then when you save it, it will be converted to the new format

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Just fixed the old YouTube BBCode
Code:
[YOUTUBE]ov4epAJRPMw[/YOUTUBE]
It would just display the code and not the video.

Monello was just talking about this afternoon because we have some travel videos posted. :yay:

Goldenhawk

CHANGE OF TOPIC - the "you posted to this thread" icon is a small version of my avatar. For my avatar image, it's nearly invisible - a mostly white icon. Is there some way it can appear with a border around it? Before, those "your activity" icons were green. Nice to know they're still there, but now (for some users at least) they're so subtle that I missed them until I went actively LOOKING for them.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It should be pretty easy to tell threads you've posted in. Normally it's the avatar of the person who started the thread. If you've posted in it, there will be a small circle at 5 o'clock that is your tiny av. If you hover over it, you can see how many posts you've made in that thread.

Goldenhawk

Yeah, finally spotted it - but my avatar was a mostly-transparent PNG image, so it literally disappeared over top of the other avatar images. Made the background non-transparent and with a green border to solve that problem. I had been looking for green circles like before.