We'll be happy forever and ever...

seekeroftruth

Revelation 22:1 Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb 2 down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. 3 No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him. 4 They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. 5 There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever.
Here's the link to the commentary I use.

Clear as crystal: God’s provision in the New Jerusalem is described with pure, absolutely unpolluted waters. “Its waters are literal waters, of a nature and quality answering to that of the golden city to which they belong. Man on earth never knew such waters, as men on earth never knew such a city; but the city is a sublime reality.” (Seiss)​
The tree of life: The Bible begins with a tree of life (Genesis 3:22-24) which man was not allowed to eat from after the sin at the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Now we see the tree of life again.​
Each tree yielding its fruit every month: From all indications, this describes the world of the new heaven and the new earth, yet we are given a time indicator. Apparently, heaven will still mark time, but not be subject to it in the same way we are on this side of eternity.​
There shall be no more curse: In heaven, the curse is gone. Since the fall, man and creation have lived with the effect of the curse described in Genesis 3:16-19: sorrow and pain in childbirth for women, friction between the sexes, the necessity of hard and often futile work for man’s sustenance, and most of all death.​
There shall be no more night there: Heaven will be a place where the darkness of this age will be forever gone. The light is not artificial, even from the sun — God Himself is the light.​
They shall reign forever and ever: Heaven will be a place where God’s people enjoy an eternal reign, in contrast to the limited duration of the Millennium. It will never end.​
Good morning. Did you hear? Yesterday there was an earthquake that moved New York City... an island. And now I'm reminded of a Carvana ad where the woman is on her lawn tractor with her hand up and clenched, saying "Hold". New York didn't disappear... it shook... that's not the earthquake in Revelation... yet.

OK... When I started to read these verses, I thought of the tree I read about from another group, the Mormons. I told y'all I read the Book of Mormon, didn't I? It had some very memorable verses too. A friend of mine said the Book of Mormon was written because the Bible was hard to get and the preachers were making up stuff. Religion, as the guy knew it, was so twisted, it was becoming unrecognizable. So, he wrote a book based on some tablets he reported that he found.

Anyway, when I started reading the verses for this morning, those verses came to mind. I did a google search, and found the Tree of Life in the Book of Mormon.

1 Nephi 8:10 And it came to pass that I beheld a tree, whose bfruit was desirable to make one happy.​

11 And it came to pass that I did go forth and partake of the afruit thereof; and I beheld that it was most sweet, above all that I ever before tasted. Yea, and I beheld that the fruit thereof was white, to exceed all the whiteness that I had ever seen.​

12 And as I partook of the fruit thereof it filled my soul with exceedingly great joy; wherefore, I began to be desirous that my family should partake of it also; for I knew that it was desirable above all other fruit.​
Then I read that God will reign forever and ever. I thought to myself.... boy I'm glad we're not stuck with one of the humans who are ruling the world right now! I couldn't take human rule forever and ever. Maybe humans govern Hell, that's what makes it so hellish! God will be in control.

People will be happy. Women won't have labor pains or periods anymore. Men won't have to do backbreaking work, unless it makes them happy to do so. If being a chef is what makes a man happy, that's where his talent is and that's what he will do. Happy, we'll all be happy.

We'll be happy forever and ever....

:coffee: