Well Let us Clarify 5th from the bottm is not last in his class

Midnightrider

being last in your class at the naval academy is still better than 99% of college graduates in the country.

Seriously, this is one of the stupidier criticisms trump has made

being last in your class at the naval academy is still better than 99% of college graduates in the country.

Seriously, this is one of the stupidier criticisms trump has made
Not if he got in because of his family history in the Navy. There has been a lot in the news about parents paying bribes which got their child in a school that wasn't really appropriate based on the student's record. Who didn't get in the USNA so John McCain could follow his father & grandfather.

Midnightrider

Not if he got in because of his family history in the Navy. There has been a lot in the news about parents paying bribes which got their child in a school that wasn't really appropriate based on the student's record. Who didn't get in the USNA so John McCain could follow his father & grandfather.
Everyone who gets in gets a recommendation from someone. They still have to pass the classes. Have you ever noticed that navy doesn’t have the best football team? It’s because they don’t waive their academic requirements. Again, being 5th from the bottom at any military academy is pretty ****ing good.

transporter

If it hadn't of been for his Daddy and Grandaddy he never would have gotten into the Naval Academy nor to Naval flight School.

It was IMO almost---if not exactly, like the rich people getting their kids into Harvard.
You really are a sad, pathetic, little "man"?

I get why comrade GURPS says the stupid sh!t he does...he is paid to do so.

You Hijinx are just a complete waste of food, air, water, and taxpayer dollars.

Everyone who gets in gets a recommendation from someone. They still have to pass the classes. Have you ever noticed that navy doesn’t have the best football team? It’s because they don’t waive their academic requirements. Again, being 5th from the bottom at any military academy is pretty ****ing good.
McCain acknowledged that he was an undistinguished member of his class. His classmates felt he could get away with things that they would not dare do - specifically because of his admiral father and grandfather. He was the life of the party and didn't take his studies seriously - again by his own admission.

Midnightrider

McCain acknowledged that he was an undistinguished member of his class. His classmates felt he could get away with things that they would not dare do - specifically because of his admiral father and grandfather. He was the life of the party and didn't take his studies seriously - again by his own admission.
And again, despite being a party boy he managed to finish at one of the country’s academies.

And again, despite being a party boy he managed to finish at one of the country’s academies.
And when your daddy and granddaddy basically make it impossible to get kicked out, you can squeak by.

P.S. The graduating isn't as big a tell as being near the bottom of the class and getting aviation. Getting jets was damn near amazing.

Midnightrider

And when your daddy and granddaddy basically make it impossible to get kicked out, you can squeak by.

P.S. The graduating isn't as big a tell as being near the bottom of the class and getting aviation. Getting jets was damn near amazing.
:killingme

What do you have that indicates he would have been kicked out if not for his lineage? He obviously got the grades or they would have booted him.

You really seem to be sucking down the McCain hate. I never liked him as a politician, but anybody who graduates the academy earned it.

This_person

Geesh, what some will constantly do, to to keep a conversation going.
MidnightSpanker used to talk about McCain like crap, including that he graduated so low in his class at the academy and never would have made it had it not been for his lineage. He constantly talked about he never got a major command under his belt.

But, that was back when McCain was running as a Republican for president. Now that he's a dead man who tried to hurt the sitting president badly before he died, Spanker can only talk up McCain and down people who are talking the same way Spanker used to about McCain.

Sad, pathetic little life Spanker must have.

CPUSA

You really are a sad, pathetic, little "man"?

I get why comrade GURPS says the stupid sh!t he does...he is paid to do so.

You Hijinx are just a complete waste of food, air, water, and taxpayer dollars.
What, in this post has to do with anything in this thread?
You bitch just to bitch these days?
You are quite sad...and have always been pathetic....

SamSpade

My Dad was at the Naval Academy at the same time as McCain. He was in the class ahead of my father.

He said that McCain's reputation at the Academy wasn't especially good, and like Ivy League legacies, the rest of the class realized that he was there not because of outstanding grades or stellar credentials - but because of his Admiral father. He said McCain was always a cocky entitled rich kid, and acted as such.

Ironically, at graduation the man who graduates LAST is actually accorded a kind of special honor - the "anchor man". They carry him around on their shoulders like some kind of football hero. When I watched my father's graduation film, I asked why do they do that? He answered, because he JUST - MADE - IT. Everyone after him failed or went home.

Still, out of a thousand or so classmates, graduating last or fifth from the bottom is a difference without a distinction.

CPUSA

Operative word being myth. It's odd that Trump, modest man that he is, has not revealed the first in class proof to the world.
You know, every time you post, it becomes more obvious that you spent most of your time in the Navy on your back...