Well Let us Clarify 5th from the bottm is not last in his class

SamSpade

That's because it's a pretty common phrase. People have been calling, say, the Middle East a shithole for as long as I can remember.
Anyone can do a search ON HERE and find it being used - and long before anyone thought Trump would run for President.
Are people still discussing this?

EDITED TO ADD: And the same search would show how REALLY OFTEN the phrase is used since Trump took office - about a dozen, and about half of those are IN THIS THREAD. And all of them in 2019. Hardly a flood.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Just to clarify. I did not mean to say that Trump invented the term "sh!t hole" or "sh!t hole countries". Based on the responses I've been seeing, I seems that I shouldn't have said that Trump "coined the phrase". I've heard that term many times. My point was that when Trump started saying it publicly, there was a huge spike in its usage here and in other social media by his supporters.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
Staff member
PREMO Member
Just to clarify. I did not mean to say that Trump invented the term "sh!t hole" or "sh!t hole countries". Based on the responses I've been seeing, I seems that I shouldn't have said that Trump "coined the phrase". I've heard that term many times. My point was that when Trump started saying it publicly, there was a huge spike in its usage here and in other social media by his supporters.

There may have been a spike because people went, "Whew! Now we can finally call these places what they are. And not just muttering under our breath for fear of the ProgMob attacking us."

That is not nearly the same as the bot media all repeating the exact same buzzword or phrase and the bots picking it up and repeating it until they are reprogrammed. I know you have seen the videos of liberal news heads from all across the country repeating the exact same thing in the exact same words. If you haven't seen them, let me know and I'll be happy to dig them up for you.

It's a common marketing technique. It's why you can't remember your kid's birthday, but you instantly recognize the My Pillow jingle. Google "repetition in advertising" for a fascinating look at how it works.

There's really nothing like it on the Right, unless you count the hundred or so people who parrot Hannity's "deep state" "acid wash bleach bit" "phony Russian dossier" buzzers. The Left pretty much has a lock on repetition marketing because their fans respond better to it.