Well Let us Clarify 5th from the bottm is not last in his class

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Hijinx

If it hadn't of been for his Daddy and Grandaddy he never would have gotten into the Naval Academy nor to Naval flight School.

It was IMO almost---if not exactly, like the rich people getting their kids into Harvard.

LtownTaxpayer

If it hadn't of been for his Daddy and Grandaddy he never would have gotten into the Naval Academy nor to Naval flight School.

It was IMO almost---if not exactly, like the rich people getting their kids into Harvard.
Exactly. How many people graduate in the lower quarter of the Naval Academy and get flight school? And jets too? I'd love to see the WaPo check into that fact. It would be nice if the WaPo did more fact checking and less editorializing overall. As for Meghan McCain, would she be enjoying her "illustrious" career if she wasn't John McCain's daughter? There were a lot of doors that opened for her because of her father. Granted she seems to have done fine. But with her father's fingerprints on the discredited dossier, the lady doth protest to much is coming to mind here.

This_person

Huh, I wonder where Donald, the self-proclaimed stable genius, stood in his class?
I've wondered the same about Pres Obama. Seems these guys hide their records.
Well, except for GWB; he let his record out, Gore called him stupid, then we found out Gore's school transcript showed him to be less capable than GWB. Probably why a lot of these guys just hide them now.

Auntie Biache'

This_person

Ahh - the but Obama defense. Love it, so predictable. I like stability in my life; the knowledge of knowing exactly what someone/anyone is going to say before they actually say it. What a timesaver. TIA
😕

I'm not sure what "defense" there was. I posted about people who both did and did not reveal their grades/standing, and you only seem to have seen the word "Obama".

You really need to read for understanding, not to refute. You're not very good at refutation, because you're not refuting anything I said - just making up a point I never made, then arguing against it.

LtownTaxpayer

Ahh - the but Obama defense. Love it, so predictable. I like stability in my life; the knowledge of knowing exactly what someone/anyone is going to say before they actually say it. What a timesaver. TIA
And since you engage in the exact same activity ala TDS, it saves the rest of us time as well.
P.S. President Obama also had a favorite excuse to trot out - GWB. So you are in good company.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Huh, I wonder where Donald, the self-proclaimed stable genius, stood in his class?

Ahh - the but Trump defense. Love it, so predictable. I like stability in my life; the knowledge of knowing exactly what someone/anyone is going to say before they actually say it. What a timesaver. TIA

This_person

YOU really need to learn to read between the lines.

I understood what you were saying, but I'm not a "between the lines" kind of poster.

If I wanted to say, "yeah, but Obama", I would have said, "yeah, but Obama." I didn't. I said Trump hid his records, just like most of them (including Obama). I said some didn't (including GWB and Al Gore).

If I wanted to call you a liar, I would have said, "you're a liar", not something hidden between the lines in a passive-aggressive way like, "I really admire your honesty." Nope, I said to you plainly that you were building a strawman, then showed how. I don't hide at all like some middle-school mean girl - I just put it out there to you.

Now, if "between the lines" is the way you communicate, I feel sorry for you that you can't just own your opinion/stance and have to snark it in by being sarcastic or passive-aggressive in such a dishonest way.

It's up to you, but I'd quit while your behind.

Midnightrider

being last in your class at the naval academy is still better than 99% of college graduates in the country.

Seriously, this is one of the stupidier criticisms trump has made

LtownTaxpayer

being last in your class at the naval academy is still better than 99% of college graduates in the country.

Seriously, this is one of the stupidier criticisms trump has made
Not if he got in because of his family history in the Navy. There has been a lot in the news about parents paying bribes which got their child in a school that wasn't really appropriate based on the student's record. Who didn't get in the USNA so John McCain could follow his father & grandfather.

Midnightrider

Not if he got in because of his family history in the Navy. There has been a lot in the news about parents paying bribes which got their child in a school that wasn't really appropriate based on the student's record. Who didn't get in the USNA so John McCain could follow his father & grandfather.
Everyone who gets in gets a recommendation from someone. They still have to pass the classes. Have you ever noticed that navy doesn’t have the best football team? It’s because they don’t waive their academic requirements. Again, being 5th from the bottom at any military academy is pretty ****ing good.

transporter

You really are a sad, pathetic, little "man"?

I get why comrade GURPS says the stupid sh!t he does...he is paid to do so.

You Hijinx are just a complete waste of food, air, water, and taxpayer dollars.

LtownTaxpayer

Everyone who gets in gets a recommendation from someone. They still have to pass the classes. Have you ever noticed that navy doesn’t have the best football team? It’s because they don’t waive their academic requirements. Again, being 5th from the bottom at any military academy is pretty ****ing good.
McCain acknowledged that he was an undistinguished member of his class. His classmates felt he could get away with things that they would not dare do - specifically because of his admiral father and grandfather. He was the life of the party and didn't take his studies seriously - again by his own admission.

Midnightrider

McCain acknowledged that he was an undistinguished member of his class. His classmates felt he could get away with things that they would not dare do - specifically because of his admiral father and grandfather. He was the life of the party and didn't take his studies seriously - again by his own admission.
And again, despite being a party boy he managed to finish at one of the country’s academies.