Well Let us Clarify 5th from the bottm is not last in his class

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I always thought/heard/read that McCain's low class ranking (894 out of 899) was due mostly to his conduct/behavior and not his scholastic performance.

awpitt

Main Streeter
I always thought/heard/read that McCain's low class ranking (894 out of 899) was due mostly to his conduct/behavior and not his scholastic performance.

That would make sense. He did get in trouble a few time while he was there....

A little blurb from Wikipedia...
Following in the footsteps of his father and grandfather, McCain entered the United States Naval Academy, where he was a friend and informal leader for many of his classmates[12] and sometimes stood up for targets of bullying.[4] He also fought as a lightweight boxer.[13] McCain did well in academic subjects that interested him, such as literature and history, but studied only enough to pass subjects that gave him difficulty, such as mathematics.[4][14] He came into conflict with higher-ranking personnel and did not always obey the rules, which contributed to a low class rank (894 of 899), despite a high IQ.[12][15]McCain graduated in 1958.[12]

This_person

That would make sense. He did get in trouble a few time while he was there....

A little blurb from Wikipedia...
"studied only enough to pass subjects that gave him difficulty"

Sounds like academics were a problem, "despite a high IQ". Potential and performance are not directly related, so a high IQ means little when one only studies enough to pass. One must perform to have good performance. A race car that never starts will never win the race against the tractor that does.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm not being silly and no, I have not seen use that term prior to Trump using it. Certainly not "8,000 times". That's not to say you never ever used it but I do know that when Trump started saying it, that term started showing up in a lot of your posts.

You just didn't notice it. I've been calling those places shitholes since at least the Bush administration.

Accusing me, of all people, of parroting talking points....

:roflmao:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
You just didn't notice it. I've been calling those places shitholes since at least the Bush administration.

First tIme I heard the word used that way it was in reference to the Mogadishu catastrophe in the early 90s.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Whenever Princess Meghan starts running her fat mouth I want to smack her one. "My Daddy was PERFECT and you better not say different!"

:shutup:
:yay:

awpitt

Main Streeter

I didn't accuse you of anything. Just made an observation. And maybe I didn't notice your previous use of the term, "sh!t hole countries" but it certainly wasn't 8000 times. I do know that when Trump started using the term "sh!t hole countries" there was absolutely a flood of the use of that term here and on other social media.

Last edited:

Hijinx

I can't remember how many times I have heard a place called a sh1thole.
It may be the first time President has said it ---at least in public, but I cannot imagine someone never hearing that before.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I can't remember how many times I have heard a place called a sh1thole.
It may be the first time President has said it ---at least in public, but I cannot imagine someone never hearing that before.

That's because it's a pretty common phrase. People have been calling, say, the Middle East a shithole for as long as I can remember.

SamSpade

That's because it's a pretty common phrase. People have been calling, say, the Middle East a shithole for as long as I can remember.

Anyone can do a search ON HERE and find it being used - and long before anyone thought Trump would run for President.
Are people still discussing this?

EDITED TO ADD: And the same search would show how REALLY OFTEN the phrase is used since Trump took office - about a dozen, and about half of those are IN THIS THREAD. And all of them in 2019. Hardly a flood.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Just to clarify. I did not mean to say that Trump invented the term "sh!t hole" or "sh!t hole countries". Based on the responses I've been seeing, I seems that I shouldn't have said that Trump "coined the phrase". I've heard that term many times. My point was that when Trump started saying it publicly, there was a huge spike in its usage here and in other social media by his supporters.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Just to clarify. I did not mean to say that Trump invented the term "sh!t hole" or "sh!t hole countries". Based on the responses I've been seeing, I seems that I shouldn't have said that Trump "coined the phrase". I've heard that term many times. My point was that when Trump started saying it publicly, there was a huge spike in its usage here and in other social media by his supporters.

There may have been a spike because people went, "Whew! Now we can finally call these places what they are. And not just muttering under our breath for fear of the ProgMob attacking us."

That is not nearly the same as the bot media all repeating the exact same buzzword or phrase and the bots picking it up and repeating it until they are reprogrammed. I know you have seen the videos of liberal news heads from all across the country repeating the exact same thing in the exact same words. If you haven't seen them, let me know and I'll be happy to dig them up for you.

It's a common marketing technique. It's why you can't remember your kid's birthday, but you instantly recognize the My Pillow jingle. Google "repetition in advertising" for a fascinating look at how it works.

There's really nothing like it on the Right, unless you count the hundred or so people who parrot Hannity's "deep state" "acid wash bleach bit" "phony Russian dossier" buzzers. The Left pretty much has a lock on repetition marketing because their fans respond better to it.