Well now, this is an interesting development.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
That's tough, we always had some .
Sometimes we're almost broke..other times we've got large down (or final) payments received and parked for some period of months. Shipbuilding has always been a wild roller coaster cash flow business. Just going to be nice to see 2.5% interest paid on what is "parked" for a few weeks or months, when that happens.

phreddyp

Sometimes we're almost broke..other times we've got large down (or final) payments received and parked for some period of months. Shipbuilding has always been a wild roller coaster cash flow business. Just going to be nice to see 2.5% interest paid on what is "parked" for a few weeks or months, when that happens.
Is your business profitable?

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

"US authorities took extraordinary measures to shore up confidence *the con game that is our fraudulent* financial system after the collapse of Silicon Valley Bank, introducing a new *money creation out of nothing* backstop for banks that Federal Reserve officials said was big enough to protect the entire nation’s deposits."

Fixed the leading paragraph.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

Well look at that. It seems that a whole lot of money is now flowing to gold and silver. Gold up $43 to $1911, and silver up $1.33 to $21.86. Seems people are trying to find safe haven for their dollars.

Money is lent into existence. The reason money *currency* exists is because of lending. Rising interest rates mean destruction of the money lent into existence, to service, repay, what was lent. Rising rates reduces the value of the lending instrument. What happens to the money that was lent into existence when the lending instrument was created? It disappears of course. That loss comes out of the pocket of the lender.

Paper dollars created are lending instruments, themselves. But, lets forget that fact for the moment. Making a loan allows banks to lend money they do not have. Instead that loan backs the money the bank created out of thin air. As the rates rise and the lending instrument falls in price, Who loses? As the lender, whomever is the holder of the instrument becomes the loser.

Gold and silver cannot be lent into existence. Hence, they are real money, specie. Got physical? Hope so. Because those gold and silver ETFs have far more counter-parties than there is physical gold and silver.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Sounds like a boat business alright! 🛥️
We've survived longer than all but three of our worldwide shipyard customers...and two of those three have gone through bankruptcy/buyout/reorganization at least once. We, on the other hand, remain permanently disorganized. I need get crackin' on designing and buying our "25th anniversary" swag. Coffee cups, for sure...cheap coozies...some Chinese t-shirts....maybe a tie clip for SGI...

phreddyp

We've survived longer than all but three of our worldwide shipyard customers...and two of those three have gone through bankruptcy/buyout/reorganization at least once. We, on the other hand, remain permanently disorganized. I need get crackin' on designing and buying our "25th anniversary" swag. Coffee cups, for sure...cheap coozies...some Chinese t-shirts....maybe a tie clip for SGI...
No wonder you cannot turn a profit.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
What 2% Bills are paying way more than that.
Looking in to it a bit more...I was surprised to see how much the 4- and 8-week bills are paying. Something to keep in mind, for sure. That kind of interest could offset some or all of the credit card fees we eat when accepting 100K charges.

phreddyp

OK. So they pay the same rate, for the same amount of time.

I dont' see any reason that one is superior to the other in a 12 month time frame.
Well here is ONE, you don't pay state and local taxes on T-Bills for a savings of about 7%.

I was leaning towards disclosing this in my conversation with Gilligan yesterday, but when he disclosed that his enterprise is NOT profitable the discussion was rendered mute, as you do not pay taxes on losses.

I am pretty sure that LightRoasted will be here rebutting this with 7% tax savings in fiat money is no savings at all.