Well that was certainly a relaxing walk

SailorGirl

I have new neighbors. Just moved in at 10 o'clock tonight. Big rental truck which apparently they're determined they're going to unpack tonight. Chatty couple. It's 50 feet to the dumpster and in that space of 50 feet they managed to ask me my name, how long I've been here, what the neighbors are like, where can they buy milk at 10 o'clock at night, how old was my son.

I walk every night whenever I can get away. Tonight it was 10:30. Decided to exit via my bedroom window because there's no other way to avoid them. I don't want to talk to them again tonight. It's not a far drop to the ground and I've done it before. Tell my son on the way out don't close the window all the way in case I need to get back in that way.

Nice night by the way. Stars are out and you can see them through the trees as you're walking, along with hundreds of fireflies. I started up the driveway to go home and now there are five adults standing in the open doorway of their apartment all smoking which means I need to keep the kitchen window closed now. So I cut across the grass and head for my bedroom window just in time to see my son closing it. I reached for the top of the window to move it up a little and managed to push the entire window out of the frame into the bedroom and onto the bird cage.

The birdcage broke, the canary (Brady) got loose and I don't know where the hell he is now. The window is wide open. Bugs are pouring in and flying around the lamp on my desk, something is biting me, and about twenty minutes ago something big and buzzy flew in the window.

Serves me right.

SailorGirl

I feel like I'm at a drive in movie. There are bugs and moths all over my computer screen and the big buzzy thing is dive bombing me.

SailorGirl

I'm going to start stress eating any second now I can feel it - can't stop scratching little gnat things are eating me alive.

Scat

I have new neighbors. Just moved in at 10 o'clock tonight. Big rental truck which apparently they're determined they're going to unpack tonight. Chatty couple. It's 50 feet to the dumpster and in that space of 50 feet they managed to ask me my name, how long I've been here, what the neighbors are like, where can they buy milk at 10 o'clock at night, how old was my son.

I walk every night whenever I can get away. Tonight it was 10:30. Decided to exit via my bedroom window because there's no other way to avoid them. I don't want to talk to them again tonight. It's not a far drop to the ground and I've done it before. Tell my son on the way out don't close the window all the way in case I need to get back in that way.

Nice night by the way. Stars are out and you can see them through the trees as you're walking, along with hundreds of fireflies. I started up the driveway to go home and now there are five adults standing in the open doorway of their apartment all smoking which means I need to keep the kitchen window closed now. So I cut across the grass and head for my bedroom window just in time to see my son closing it. I reached for the top of the window to move it up a little and managed to push the entire window out of the frame into the bedroom and onto the bird cage.

The birdcage broke, the canary (Brady) got loose and I don't know where the hell he is now. The window is wide open. Bugs are pouring in and flying around the lamp on my desk, something is biting me, and about twenty minutes ago something big and buzzy flew in the window.

Serves me right.
Saran Wrap and duct tape, cover the opening

SailorGirl

Saran Wrap and duct tape, cover the opening
FINALLY. A good use for all the rolls of duct tape I've accumulated over the years from people who seem to think it's exactly the kind of souvenir I'd like when they leave state. Thanks for the advice :razz:

PS - if the window comes out of the frame, would it stand to reason it will go back in the frame?

Scat

PS - if the window comes out of the frame, would it stand to reason it will go back in the frame?
Without seeing what was done, maybe. Do you mean the glass fell out, the window sash fell out, or the whole thing (upper and lower) fell out?

SailorGirl

Without seeing what was done, maybe. Do you mean the glass fell out, the window sash fell out, or the whole thing (upper and lower) fell out?
No the glass is intact. It's the bottom piece that turns into the window to lock it. I didn't try tilting it in like on the video. I'll watch it again and go look at my other windows - maybe it will make better sense then. Thanks, Scat.

Last edited:

SailorGirl

@Scat - I found two small metal pieces lying loose on other side of the window on the bottom. They're square and there's a nail looking thing, not sharp can't think of any other way to describe it. and there's a curved looking thing that looks cracked. That's probably important isn't it?

Just found two metal pieces inside the track I guess and that's where the two metal pieces I found loose, cracked. One's at the bottom and one's at the top. Does it make any sense to try to put the window back in without them. I bet you have no idea what I'm talking about.

Last edited:

SailorGirl

Hey it props up pretty good when you tilt it in and will keep the bugs out. That's all I ever needed in a window. Problem solved. Thanks for the video Scat - very helpful.

Last edited:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
God help us if we were best friends. I seem to be as accident prone as you. Yesterday, I hit myself with the TV remote and gave myself a fat lip. Later, I hit my forehead on a low part of the ceiling and gave myself a decent size lump above on eyebrow. (I was standing on a bed changing lightbulbs and tried to walk off the bed to get down).

SailorGirl

God help us if we were best friends. I seem to be as accident prone as you. Yesterday, I hit myself with the TV remote and gave myself a fat lip. Later, I hit my forehead on a low part of the ceiling and gave myself a decent size lump above on eyebrow. (I was standing on a bed changing lightbulbs and tried to walk off the bed to get down).
I lubs you.

I stand on the bed all the time to change light bulbs and revolving chairs. I feel your pain.

I was stationed at Pax a long time ago. There used to be a mini mart there and I had gone in in dress blues, it's a nice uniform if it fits you right, anyway there were two Marines that had been eyeballing me since I walked in the door. I ignored them completely. We all left about the same time and I was aware that they were still looking when I put my stuff in the car. When I opened the door, I hit myself in the head with it and then I didn't duck low enough placing stuff inside and hit my head again and hit my head on the way out. I glanced at their truck when they left and they were laughing their asses off. Served me right. I STILL open the door on my head sometimes and still bump it occasionally going in.

SailorGirl

Glad you found Brady, did the window get fixed?
Yeah me too. The windows fixed more or less - it's kind of propped back in there's a gap on one side that has an airflow going through and I can't lock it, nor open it w/o it falling out again but it's usually open all the time anyway summer and winter. I only need it to keep bugs out.

Guess I'll have to climb out the bathroom window tonight.