WEN by Chaz Dean

Pandora

Anyone use this? I went ahead and ordered it because a friend of mine absolutely loves her WEN products and her hair really does look fantastic. After doing some price comparison, it isn't as expensive as low poo shampoos (which are supposed to be good for your hair).

StangBaby03

:howdy: I have it but only use it once or twice a week and use a decent shampoo and conditioner the rest of the week, I find that my hair gets to oily (sometimes I will use a cheapy shampoo to dry my hair out before I use it). The treatment cream that comes in the circle container is a great leave in conditioner after swimming!

Last edited:

Pandora

:howdy: I have it but only use it once or twice a week and use a decent shampoo and conditioner the rest of the week, I find that my hair gets to oily (sometimes I will use a cheapy shampoo to dry my hair out before I use it). The treatment cream that comes in the circle container is a great leave in conditioner after swimming!

Hey thanks for your response. I ordered it and after reading the reviews, it seems it does really well on my hair type. I have thin hair but a lot of it.

I just wish it wasn't an auto ship program - even on QVC it is an auto ship membership if you order the products and I couldn't find the entire kit on ebay, just piece by piece which can get very expensive.

fredsaid2

Do you guys still like the Wen products? How is working for you going shampoo free? I googled around and found some people using a similar product, Hair One, from Sally Beauty Supply. It's quite a bit cheaper, I'm thinking of giving it a try.

aliceheimer

I tried Hair One for color treated hair, from Sallys. I think its doing my hair some good. Its only been a week but my hair is not as dry and damaged looking. I saw the infommercial for Wen products but I cant afford it or want to commit to having a constant shipment coming in. What if you dont like after awhile? Then you have to cancel etc. Anyway as I drone on..if you want to go sulfate free I paid $9.99 for 12 oz. You have to use a lot at first then after a few days you don't need to use as many pumps as the bottle suggests. My hair is 3 inches below my sholders, thick and naturally curly/wavy and color treated. Hope this helps some of us ladies ; )! Oh I forgot to mention I have used a good quality 'poo' in between at least once.

Last edited:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Do you guys still like the Wen products? How is working for you going shampoo free? I googled around and found some people using a similar product, Hair One, from Sally Beauty Supply. It's quite a bit cheaper, I'm thinking of giving it a try.

I was previously Pandora until I got banned... :cds:

Anyway, I love WEN and will never poo (as in shampoo) my hair again. It really took some getting used to at first, but now, I don't sneak in a shampoo every so often like I did in the early weeks of using the product.

WEN sends 2 large bottles every 3 months (at $24.00 a month) and it does last longer than 3 months, but I have rather short hair. I hardly use the intense conditioning cream because I just don't need it anymore.

rpexie

.:Georgia Peach:.
Im going to try Sally HAIR ONE Jojoba. I read the ingredients of both HAIR ONE and WEN and they are exactly the same. Sally's is way cheaper and you dont have to order it and all that because there is a Sally's in La Plata. Im just gonna go ahead and get the Sallys card since I plan on buying the whole set it will probably be cheaper in the long run and definitely cheaper than WEN. Ive been looking to switch to a sulfate-free shampoo for a while so hopefully it works for me!

/fingers crossed!

Last edited:

fredsaid2

I was previously Pandora until I got banned... :cds:

Anyway, I love WEN and will never poo (as in shampoo) my hair again. It really took some getting used to at first, but now, I don't sneak in a shampoo every so often like I did in the early weeks of using the product.

WEN sends 2 large bottles every 3 months (at $24.00 a month) and it does last longer than 3 months, but I have rather short hair. I hardly use the intense conditioning cream because I just don't need it anymore.

I started using Hair One last saturday. Towards the evening my hair is more heavy feeling. I think it needs time to adjust. I'm happy, so far, w/ the cleaning properties. Don't yet feel the need to shampoo. I'll see how long this bottle lasts and compare it to your WEN usage. Thanks for the input!

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I started using Hair One last saturday. Towards the evening my hair is more heavy feeling. I think it needs time to adjust. I'm happy, so far, w/ the cleaning properties. Don't yet feel the need to shampoo. I'll see how long this bottle lasts and compare it to your WEN usage. Thanks for the input!

I bought Hair One to try it out. The lady that runs the store has known me for a long time and said that although I have no issues with frizz or dryness anymore, she still suggested I use the 'dry' formula. I tried it and well... it smells better. I will give it a few more days and see if I notice anything different.

SugarBear47

Wen hair care

Anyone use this? I went ahead and ordered it because a friend of mine absolutely loves her WEN products and her hair really does look fantastic. After doing some price comparison, it isn't as expensive as low poo shampoos (which are supposed to be good for your hair).

Yes I've used Wen for about a year. I had to get used to it though. My hair is long and wavy but dry and it has helped my hair a LOT. But it takes time. I found that Cucumber Aloe is best for me. Tried them all though. You won't be disappointed if you continue to use it.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Does Sally's have the range of different products like WEN does? I've been toying with ordering the WEN for months. Maybe I'll get both. :lol:

fredsaid2

Does Sally's have the range of different products like WEN does? I've been toying with ordering the WEN for months. Maybe I'll get both. :lol:

They have products for normal, oily and color-treated. I didn't see the hair balms and such. Maybe I just didn't see them.

I like the Hair One so far. I color my hair so I don't know if I'd use anything but the one for color-treated. I just had my hair done, in six weeks I'll know if it helps retain the color. :smile:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
They have products for normal, oily and color-treated. I didn't see the hair balms and such. Maybe I just didn't see them.

I like the Hair One so far. I color my hair so I don't know if I'd use anything but the one for color-treated. I just had my hair done, in six weeks I'll know if it helps retain the color. :smile:

We stopped and I got some today. I have highlights but got the "normal" formula because my hair is super fine and I didn't want anything to weigh my hair down. I'm excited to try it tomorrow.

Do you use it daily? I try not to wash my hair daily (every other day) but condition it every time I get in the shower which is usually twice daily. I don't typically use much product in my hair so static is a HUGE problem when I do blow dry it.

I'll give this a try for a few days and if I like it I'll likely order the WEN too just to try and compare. I'd love to have wash and go hair. As it is now it's fine and a little dry and I typically have to pull it up if I don't style it.

missme

We stopped and I got some today. I have highlights but got the "normal" formula because my hair is super fine and I didn't want anything to weigh my hair down. I'm excited to try it tomorrow.

Do you use it daily? I try not to wash my hair daily (every other day) but condition it every time I get in the shower which is usually twice daily. I don't typically use much product in my hair so static is a HUGE problem when I do blow dry it.

I'll give this a try for a few days and if I like it I'll likely order the WEN too just to try and compare. I'd love to have wash and go hair. As it is now it's fine and a little dry and I typically have to pull it up if I don't style it.

U USED "I" 14 TIMES. I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I

fredsaid2

Daily use for me, but I've always washed my hair every day. It's fine and oily, can't get away w/ anything else. From reviews I've read, women say they added a bit as a conditioner, even leaving it in, after rinsing from the cleansing. I use a bit of my regular conditioner.

Consider giving it at least a few weeks. You may not love your hair after the 1st or 2nd use but it should be fine after that.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
IMO, WEN is far better than Hair One. I'm on travel and only brought the smaller bottle of Hair One with me. After a few days of use, I see a difference. Luckily, I brought the small jar of WEN intense conditioning with me and hopefully that will hold me over until the weekend. I will never travel again without my WEN. :drama:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser

Have you tried only wetting your hair when you wash it? I used to have problems with dry hair, but found something that worked (for me at least). I wash it twice a week, and on the days I don't wash it I just pull it up in the shower (don't wet it). Let it air dry, then go over it with the flat iron. I don't use nearly the amount of conditioner I used to think I needed and my hair is now silky and healthy. I also use sulfate-free shampoo and touch up with a dry shampoo if necessary to give myself an extra day before I need to wash again. Just a suggestion.