jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
809-haze.JPG

Kansas protesters come to NY to protest school teaching gay tolerance

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What messes this country up is that any wacko with a speaking voice can get a soundbite in the news or on TV. When they were voting on the gay marriage thing, every interview on TV or on the radio was with some fringe element type from one side or the other. There were no rational, reasonable people - just nuts.

Are we the only country that legitimizes our insane like this? Used to be you ignored crazies - you didn't put them on the nightly news and act like they have a point.

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
150 Channels, all looking for "news that matters" or some other buzzword. To sell you more stuff you don't need.

SamSpade

I've mixed feelings on this issue. My heart goes out to anyone abused in a hazing because of their orientation, and that shouldn't be. But I also believe that schools should teach kids some subjects, and the rest of their education - well it's up to them to learn how they want to view any social issue. I would feel just as strongly if they taught a lesson on *patriotism* or "manners". Teach them to read, learn history, math, science, English. Why do they need to be taught by the school how to respect someone else, for whatever reason?

Otter

Nothing to see here
Originally posted by vraiblonde
.... every interview on TV or on the radio was with some fringe element type from one side or the other. There were no rational, reasonable people - just nuts.

Thats my biggest gripe with all of the media, all that you hear is the lunatic 5% fringe on both sides of the equation.

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
But dude, that's news. Man bites dog & all that. Remember a few years back when they started complaining about all the "bad" news and some stations began reporting the good stories? Didn't sell. If it bleeds it leads. Remember the football game where they had no announcers, sucked.

People want to hear from the crazies, look at the popularity of Springer & reality TV. Trouble is, that the crazies are represented so much that some people believe they are the majority, -OR- media savvy types manipulate just a few crazies to get their pix on the news. But a few determined crazies can make a difference or a statment.

Look at this story 8 people from KS, all kinfolk go to a NY school to protest gays. They manage to pi$$ off 400 students, get police protection, etc, etc. Even without media coverage the KSIB's got their point across.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by jlabsher
Even without media coverage the KSIB's got their point across.
And that sucks. Maybe the news people do that, hoping viewers will shake their heads and go, "Nuts." But more likely, it attracts other nuts who say, "Hey! I must not be so nutty after all! There are some people on the TV that think just like ME!" Before you know it, you've got a nut-fest going on.

B

Bruzilla

Originally posted by jlabsher
Only Catholic ones.

Your use of the word "ones" confuses me. Are you saying that God only hates Catholic fags or that only Catholic "Gods" hate fags?

I'm an Agnostic so this is all very confusing to me. :biggrin:

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
Actually, I meant it to mean that only the Catholic version of god (and some ultra-conservative protestant ones) have a fear or hatred of gays. Many protestants have accepted homosexuals into the mainstream, not the catholic religion which is pretty ironic.

B

Bruzilla

Thanks for clearing that up, but now I must trouble you with another question. You wrote that "Many protestants have accepted homosexuals into the mainstream...", so what I'm wondering is if the original teachings of these religions allow this or are people changing the religion to meet today's social environment? I was raised a Protestant, and my wife is a Methodist, and the manual for both of these was The Holy Bible, which I thought was also the manual for the Catholics and the basis for their damning Gays.

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
There are many interpretations of the bible, just witness the baptists in Texas or the south which forbid dancing and compare that to Methodists or Presbyterians who allow homosexual clergy. The bible says nothing about priests marrying, that was decided in 1139 and openly flaunted until the middle ages and the council of trent.

Among the christians, catholicism seems to instill more guilt in its devotees than the happy-go-lucky protestants with the exception of hellfire preaching southern baptist sects which believe every word in the bible is gods divine instruction. Some protestents believe the bible is writings of jesus' contemporaries and follow its more general instructions rather than specific instructions. Such as "do unto others" rather than "no meat on fridays".

There is not an easy explanation, just like most moslems are peace loving people who have no heartburn with the west, you cannot characterize all christians by one religion. Most religions have no heartburn with evolution vice creationism either, except for kansas (remember a few years ago?)

I just hope that jesus protects me from those he speaks directly to.

And like the original thread clarified, only the crazy ones make the news, the moderate religious folks who go to church every week, accept other religions, and do good in their communities are too boring.

Hessian

Those "christians" who accept evolution, welcome gays etc are the very same that God informs will be "spewed" out...they have no salt, no light, they are worthy of only being trampled in the path. why do I take such a stand?

Logic:
Placing your faith in evolution above scripture proves that you would trust man's conjecture and guesswork over God's word.
Trying to make them both fit together is disfunctional...it might be a gesture to try to soothe over the two divergent claims but it creates more problems without answers.

Accepting something that is abhorrent in God's sight is like the Kings of Israel after Solomon who refused to tear down the altars to the false gods and thus their reign was tainted, shortened, andentangled in problems. They Tolerated them...and paid the price for defying God's instruction.
Those that preach tolerance may claim to be good hearted and have the "right motives" but they allow someone to continue in sin and encourage others to accept it a perfectly normal when it is apparent to all: ITs NOT. (Tickling the ears...)

Thus back to my main point: Christians who fall into those two traps must deny scripture,..its authenticity,...and cave in to error filled teaching from a corrupt generation. (and some people praise them for being "progressive"...better to be least in the Kingdom than praised/elevated here on earth.)

Doc

Originally posted by Bruzilla
But I thought God does hate Fags.:confused:

No, no, you're mistaken. It's figs that god hates; not fags. See this link for more info.

Recall how Jesus rebuked the fig tree:

"Now in the morning as he returned into the city, he was hungry.
And when he saw a fig tree by the road, he came to it, and found nothing on it, but leaves only, and said to it, Let no fruit grow on you henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away. And when the disciples saw it, they marvelled, saying, How soon has the fig tree withered away!"
--Matthew 21:18-20

Doc

And dammit Hessian, it's bad enough you're using Mr. Spock (a character who values logic above faith and who celebrates the principle of IDIC--"infinite diversity in infinite combinations") as your avatar and spouting your vapid twaddle about evolution, but could you please at least get your sig right? It's Desperandum, not Desperundum!

If you're going to render a quote in a language you don't know, at least take the time to get it right!