We're a messed up country Pt II

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
Faith defies logic. If we were created in gods image why cant we glean insight into creation through our intellect? That's like saying if god meant us to fly we would have been given wings. Don't make me get existential on your azz! You are predisposing the preposition that the bible is in fact gods word, not the writings of learned scribes who were moved by gods grace into writing parables to show mere mortals his way.

Of course if god is merciful many of the calamities purchased upon man would not happen such as natural disasters, illness and mans inhumanity to man. You may sit here and say it is gods will, but when your house burns down it is different.

I prefer the god hates figs teachings.

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
Here's a really dull religious angle for you: Even if you believe that something that someone else is doing is a sin, we are called upon to love the sinner and hate the sin. Therefore it is up to us to do what we can to help that person stop sinning. I think it is important, however, to remember that I myself am a sinner and therefore not get on a high horse and come off "holier than thou."

So. . . According to some biblical texts and apparent natural laws, homosexuality is a sin and does not make sense to the survival of a species. Therefore (my opinion only, mind you) homosexuality should be treated like mental illness in that the person is not necessarily wrong or bad, but rather misguided or confused. We should do what we can to help, not demonize or ridicule the person for their condition.

Doc

But what about the figs, man? What about the figs?

I think it's OK to hate figs. On this god and I agree. I think god would want us to demonize and ridicule figs.

Oh wait, are there figs in Fig Newtons? 'Cause I do like Fig Newtons.

B

Bruzilla

AFter carefully reading all of your replies I can only say - Thank God I'm an Agnostic! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
And he is...

...an angry God!

And when the disciples saw it, they marvelled, saying, How soon has the fig tree withered away!"

You don't suppose He has been in LA County lately...nah...

While we're hijacking a thread here, Dr. Laura yesterday had a mom on who was troubled by the questions of her 9 y/o boy.

It was the Santa thing. She figured he was old enough so, then came the God question. He was, it seems, on a 'things you told me to believe in' jag.

Laura said "Tell him Santa is a game we play, we made up, God is God because of the whole creator of heavan and earth part..."

The call didn't last long enough to get around to if the boy asked about Santa and creating a toy factory at the North Pole...

Doc,

Oh wait, are there figs in Fig Newtons? 'Cause I do like Fig Newtons.

NOW what are you gonna do???

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Ken King
They do make other flavors.
It is with deepest condolences that I inform you...YOU'RE WRONG!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

There is only ONE (1) flavor of Fig Newton and that is FIG flavored. The others are called Raspberry Newtons, Strawberry Newtons, etc.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by vraiblonde
It is with deepest condolences that I inform you...YOU'RE WRONG!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

There is only ONE (1) flavor of Fig Newton and that is FIG flavored. The others are called Raspberry Newtons, Strawberry Newtons, etc.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!!!!!!!!
There Newtons, different flavors of Newtons, you're such a DrammaMamma at times.