We're gonna have a MULE baby!

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
It's official....our son's Appy girl (LeRoy & Tequila's daughter) is going to give us a mule grand baby.

It's an oops for us...we had sold her to a fellow who is now gone from the area. We bought her back when the couple split up - we were thrilled to get her back we were sad that we had sold her - he was getting her under saddle for us (RC was injured and I sent her to him to do it for me, against his better judgement) He asked if he could buy her, and I said yes.

He neglected to tell me he had put her with his Jack. :rolleyes: I shoulda known. She started looking rather round, and my gut told me she needed to be checked and sure enough, she is "in mule" due in a couple of months. We're hoping for a spotted baby.

~HEE-HAW~

Anyone else own a mule? Any words of wisdom?

Attachments

• small-bliss.jpg
    small-bliss.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 150

BeenSpur'd

I love her wild,wild hair
Congratulations!! Hope it has spots too:) I have been trying to get my stallion to sire a Hinney with my donkey and so far no luck. He turns his nose up to her like she isn't good enough for him, although the first day he met her was a different story.

BentleysRider

We have mules. Have had one of them for over 20 years. Used to do judged pleasure trail riding with him, and he was quite good at it. Mules are a little different. They remember everything, and while they might forgive you, they will not forget. You can't "tell", you pretty much have to train them through asking and reward/release. Ours don't get as hot as the horses, or as cold. Two of the three we've had could not be overfed, because they would walk away from food when they were done. The third will do that fairly often, as well. Feet need much less attention, hard as nails and very slow growing. Can be more difficult to fit a saddle because of their tendency to a flat back. Overall, enjoyable to have around, tough, and interesting. Still, I like horses ...

Robin

It's official....our son's Appy girl (LeRoy & Tequila's daughter) is going to give us a mule grand baby.

It's an oops for us...we had sold her to a fellow who is now gone from the area. We bought her back when the couple split up - we were thrilled to get her back we were sad that we had sold her - he was getting her under saddle for us (RC was injured and I sent her to him to do it for me, against his better judgement) He asked if he could buy her, and I said yes.

He neglected to tell me he had put her with his Jack. :rolleyes: I shoulda known. She started looking rather round, and my gut told me she needed to be checked and sure enough, she is "in mule" due in a couple of months. We're hoping for a spotted baby.

~HEE-HAW~

Anyone else own a mule? Any words of wisdom?

Congrats!

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Thanks Robin.
And thanks for the words of wisdom Bently's Rider.

Someone told me mules and donkeys make different sounds. I didn't know that! Donkey's He-Haw, Mules Bray? Is that right or is it vice versa?

Cowgirl

Thanks Robin.
And thanks for the words of wisdom Bently's Rider.

Someone told me mules and donkeys make different sounds. I didn't know that! Donkey's He-Haw, Mules Bray? Is that right or is it vice versa?

I think the official term for hee-haw is bray, but my donkey had what I like to call a "dying fire engine" sound. :lol:

mingiz

Horse Poor
I think the official term for hee-haw is bray, but my donkey had what I like to call a "dying fire engine" sound. :lol:

:killingme:killingme Are you talkin' about Donk...If so that dying fire engine almost died one night because of that mouth he has...:whistle:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Make sure I get a call so I can see it...leopard should throw some spots will be so cool..a leopard mule went through Camelot sales to the kill pen last week..he was so neat looking..

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
:frown: This one has a forever home for sure.

I remember a leopard mule. Happy, remember that one that tried to kill your kids at the auction. lol You know, the "kid safe" one. He was neat looking but deadly. I never seen an animal try to contort himself so much just to try to kick someone. He was the nastiest thing.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
I forgot that one was a leopard. YIKES!
That was prolly the same one Paso saw at Camelot.
Only the good die young. :killingme

Last edited: