We're so far behind....

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
One of the last offshore wind turbine testing facilities "over there" is now completely demolished. Wind farms of over 1000 MW are being constructed willy nilly all over the European shorelines. By year's end, 50% of the UK's electricity will be produced by wind turbines..the majority of them offshore. The total number of wind turbines installed offshore throughout Europe is over 6000 and will eventually exceed 10,000. 10,000!

https://www.offshorewind.biz/2019/0...dium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_2019-09-27

Meanwhile, Virginia is still proceeding to waste taxpayer dollars and build a three-turbine "research" project off the coast. LMAO... Otherwise, we have five...five operational offshore turbines in New England.

Last edited:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Don't worry... SMECO is building another solar facility in leonardtown to ensure everyones electric bill rises.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I recently saw a post from Gov. Hogan lauding the opening of the first "electric charging only " service station up in Commie County MD. Apparently the Gov has no idea where electricity comes from around here. ;-)

Last edited:

Chris0nllyn

Meanwhile, Virginia is still proceeding to waste taxpayer dollars and build a three-turbine "research" project off the coast. LMAO... Otherwise, we have five...five operational offshore turbines in New England.

There's a lot coming.

Orsted has 6 awarded projects and 2 on the way totaling almost 6 GW.

It's moving.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
There's a lot coming.

Orsted has 6 awarded projects and 2 on the way totaling almost 6 GW.

It's moving.
duh. Read any of my many other posts about the developing US offshore wind industry.
Orsted (previously DONG energy) is easily our largest client in this business...with Statoil, Statkraft and others.

But back to the point...the only reason that silly VA project is proceeding is to burn off the free money thrown at it.

Chris0nllyn

In defense of SMECO - I believe they are required by law now to produce a certain portion of their electricity via such means.

They have for awhile and now the state just up-ed it again. We'll be seeing more of these utility-scale solar farms.