Weruva

DaSDGuy

That was the only cat I've had in the 40+ years of owning cats who had diabetes. I am not saying that cats don't drink from water bowls. Just saying that they may or may not get enough moisture from drinking. My two rarely drink from their bowl. I feel better in my heart buying them more moisture rich wet food. I was the one who started the "crazy cat people" thread :lol: and got lambasted because I didn't follow their "advice". I believe that each person should do what they feel is best. They don't seem to think that way. :lol:
Yep. They are all different thats for sure. Mine get dry food mostly and share a small can of wet for dinner. They prefer the gravy lovers stuff so lots of moisture there too. And yes, they get seafood too. I figure if they live to 145 years old that may be an issue for them.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Yep. They are all different thats for sure. Mine get dry food mostly and share a small can of wet for dinner. They prefer the gravy lovers stuff so lots of moisture there too. And yes, they get seafood too. I figure if they live to 145 years old that may be an issue for them.
Mine are pate snobs. I have tried to give them gravy ones and shredded ones and they look at me like, "Uh..mom, what is this crap?"

gemma_rae

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Did Gracie have to hold him back?😸
No, she happily ate it until she saw that Boone wasn't. Then she decided she didn't like it either. Funny thing was that after she left, Boone ended up going back and eating his and hers!! Hunger will do that to a fat cat.

gemma_rae

No, she happily ate it until she saw that Boone wasn't. Then she decided she didn't like it either. Funny thing was that after she left, Boone ended up going back and eating his and hers!! Hunger will do that to a fat cat.
I have some experience with that myself. My last two were brother and sister, Buddy was the big boy and Grace was the girlie girl. Buddy was about 20lbs and Grace was about 12lbs. Buddy would wolf his food down and push Grace out of the way and eat hers too. Grace would just stare at me.

I'd try to sneak her some extra but Sonar Man could hear a pull tab from a mile away.:lol:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
We had a cat that would wait for us to get out of the shower and then go and drink what was left on the floor. Boone has to walk across the side of the tub so he can get his fat self up onto the sink by way of the toilet.
Miss Teia would do that, and taught the habit to Buff and Cooper.

All the cats we had/have drink out of bowls. Some liked to drink from the toilet, too.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I have some experience with that myself. My last two were brother and sister, Buddy was the big boy and Grace was the girlie girl. Buddy was about 20lbs and Grace was about 12lbs. Buddy would wolf his food down and push Grace out of the way and eat hers too. Grace would just stare at me.

I'd try to sneak her some extra but Sonar Man could hear a pull tab from a mile away.:lol:
Yep. Can hear a pull tab from a mile away!!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

My boy eats so fast sometimes, that he barfs it back up. Sometimes right back into his dish! :lmao:

gemma_rae

My boy eats so fast sometimes, that he barfs it back up. Sometimes right back into his dish! :lmao:
Has he ever swallowed his dry food whole, then drank some water and harked it back up when it expanded in his tummy?

Buddy would do that and it would look like tic-tac-toe sponge pieces. Kibbles and Bits I think it was.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Has he ever swallowed his dry food whole, then drank some water and harked it back up when it expanded in his tummy?

Buddy would do that and it would look like tic-tac-toe sponge pieces. Kibbles and Bits I think it was.
I have no idea. I don't leave out bowls of water.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
This was our tiny Miss April Dancer (04/1986 - 10/1992) at about 4 months old when she discovered the Magic Spring that had cold clean water after a strange Whooshing noise was heard. She was a feral kitten my wife rescued at about 8 - 9 weeks of age from a parking lot on Eglin AFB, FL in June 1986.

Died from anaphylactic shock from a sedative during a routine procedure at the vet's when we had moved to Ohio.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Weruva is having a photo contest so I submitted a photo of Gracie since it met the requirements (cats in mirrors). Yesterday, I saw they used the photo (along with a few more) on their Instagram page to promote the contest.