West Baltimore residents thank President Trump

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
https://www.baltimoresun.com/opinion/editorial/bs-ed-0808-conservatives-clean-west-baltimore-20190806-hmc2gndnhfhodch4yxromipgnq-story.html

Literally right above this paragraph is a picture of an 11-year-old newspaper they pulled from the trash. And just a few paragraphs below their own statement that 170 people came from all over the country to clean up someone else's neighborhood.

It appears "the tired image of our failing urban cores. That the poor people in this dilapidated city can’t take care of their own neighborhoods" is at least partially true here.

Be skeptical, that's fine. Maybe it wasn't 12 tons. Maybe it wasn't 300 people. But that's arguing semantics while ignoring the fact that the old adage is partially true here given this particular neighborhood couldn't be bothered to clean at least one area for at least 11 years.

Unfortunately, according to the Sun's editorial board, this guy only credible if he actually returns to a city and state he doesn't live in to clean it up. That's petty as hell cloaked in veiled attempts at giving him a pat on the back.
See, I looked at that paper, in almost pristine condition, and assumed it was either a plant, or some old lady had recently died and the kids cleaned her house out and threw her prized mementos away - in the alley.

officeguy

"Whatever he says his motives were, Scott Presler’s presence in Baltimore reinforces the tired image that the poor people in this city can’t take care of their own neighborhoods," the Sun complained.
Well they can't and they don't.

That place has a shortage of rednecks with compact tractors with buckets and grapples and lots of roll-off containers.

Chris0nllyn

See, I looked at that paper, in almost pristine condition, and assumed it was either a plant, or some old lady had recently died and the kids cleaned her house out and threw her prized mementos away - in the alley.
The mold on the top left and the coloring lead me to believe it was buried in a trash bag somewhere.

The recent death angle is certainly possible also.