Westboro Baptist Church

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
I had to post this classy quote.

Westboro Baptist Church said:
“Military funerals have become pagan orgies of idolatrous blasphemy, where they pray to the dunghill gods of Sodom and play taps to a fallen fool,” states a press release posted on the church’s website, announcing the rally at a memorial service for Lance Cpl. Justin Wilson. At the bottom of the press release are printed the words “Thank God for IEDs,” referring to the roadside bombs that have killed thousands of troops in both wars.

I almost feel like someone should send them some since they love them so much. Almost.

Dad of a fallen Marine perseveres against protests at military funerals - Yahoo! News

Toxick

Splat
I thought they were protesting because God started the war because of gays? Or something like that? :shrug:

No, they think God hates America because we tolerate homosexuals. The military, being the most obvious extention of the government - while simultaneously being the most prolific provider of people requiring funerals (and hence photo-ops and attention) - are the targets of their bilious venom.

I can't understand why their digusting tripe does not qualify as hate-speech, which is apparently not protected under the blanket of the First Amendment.

Personally, I don't think they should be jailed or silenced - however, I do not believe they should be protected from the consequences of what they say and do.

For instance, if someone were to, say, break a 2x4 across one of their faces.

SamSpade

There's an easy way to deal with them.

Fight fire with fire. If they maintain their right of harassment under the guise of free speech, people can do the same with protesting near their church grounds.

It won't change their minds, but it sure will make a lot of people feel better.

Vince

Fight fire with fire. If they maintain their right of harassment under the guise of free speech, people can do the same with protesting near their church grounds.

I think the 2x4 would work better.

Toxick

Splat

I'm just waiting for Phelps to finally drop dead so I can pay my respects in a manner most befitting of someone who has led his flock with such dignity.

That nasty old bastard should be ready keel over any time now.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
I'm just waiting for Phelps to finally drop dead so I can pay my respects in a manner most befitting of someone who has led his flock with such dignity.

I would love to get a bunch of friends to picket his funeral in our Dress Uniform, but unfortunatly, that's not allowed.

Toxick

Splat
I would love to get a bunch of friends to picket his funeral in our Dress Uniform, but unfortunatly, that's not allowed.

Is chucking water balloons full of piss at the funeral procession allowed. I can probably round some folks up to get in on that action.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Problem is, whackos like that FEED off of persecution. They adore nothing more than to "carry the cross." and most likely feel like they are holier, better, more godloving than anyone else. So if people were to say, picket outside their church, or have an organized call list where their phone rang for hours..or a deluge of mail, or phone calls to their homes and families would do nothing but encourage them (well except entertaining for us:killingme)..and affirm in their own minds that what they are doing is right. Unfortunately the most damaging thing to do is ignore the hell out of them. No more news stories, no more tv clips, no more court cases or facebook groups.. Then they can be the isolated kooks they were born to be. i dont think a "fire with fire" approach would work with these folks. I only hope the families can just remember they are crazy kooks..and try to not let it get in their head.

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
You can take the man out of the jungle but you can't take the jungle out of the man. I'm sure this may apply to some of those who have been sent to the sandbox. Lots of ex-Marine snipers out of work these days... just sayin' :whistle:

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
Personally, I don't think they should be jailed or silenced - however, I do not believe they should be protected from the consequences of what they say and do.

For instance, if someone were to, say, break a 2x4 across one of their faces.

Is chucking water balloons full of piss at the funeral procession allowed. I can probably round some folks up to get in on that action.

:roflmao:

I'm in! :howdy:

bookrat

These wackos have a plan...they have their own family law firm full of family members....they are so good at collecting attorney fees that they make a business of it.....
Go look at Wikipedia....and see just how sick they are....
And because they claim to be a "church" gets them off the hook.
A lot of states have enacted laws against protesting by any group at funerals..and MD should do the same.
They are banned from entering the UK!!!

Why can they get away with being hate spewing bullies who seek to further their hate thru free press coverage and suing the people they protest against....

I say kick them out of the USA..where their very freedoms were secured by the US Militia and later General Geo. Washington....

Wanna fight back...join the Patriot Guard Riders..and you dont have to own a bike to fight these scum bags in human form....

PsyOps

Pixelated

It's my proposal to rent 3 or 4 18-wheeler flat bed trucks, load each of them up with a massive PA system, park it in front of the protesters, boxing them in and blast them with military marching music. This will drown them out while paying proper respect to the fallen soldier. As they move away, move the trucks forcing them back away from the funeral procession.

SamSpade

Problem is, whackos like that FEED off of persecution.

Having spent ten years in a fundamental church, this is absolutely correct. Persecution to them, is validation. It "proves", to them, they're right. It's why the Waco siege was a failure. Law enforcement seemed oblivious to the fact that they EXPECTED to be attacked and to die - it would be vindication to them.