western cinch size?

bhoffman

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I ride english, but I just got a western saddle to trail ride in and just ride in for fun. My horse wears a 46-48 inch size english girth, so what would that be equivalent to for a western cinch? Also an recommendations on which brand to get? Thanks in adavnce:)

mingiz

Horse Poor
I use a 32 on both my 14.3h Paint mare and 15.3h TWH. Most of the standard sizes are 30 or 32. Don't know anyone that you could borrow one to try before you buy?

bhoffman

I use a 32 on both my 14.3h Paint mare and 15.3h TWH. Most of the standard sizes are 30 or 32. Don't know anyone that you could borrow one to try before you buy?

I'm sure I could borrow one sometime this weekend, but I was going down to the Amish tomorrow afternoon and was hoping to get one then.

SugarNSpikes

Some cinch's are really slippery, so you have to watch out for that.

Mocha wears a 48-50 english girth and the cinch we have for him is a 32.

I can bring mine over to you tomorrow if you want and you can try it out. :)

DQ2B

I like string girths (english or western) as I never have issues with them chafing the horses as I've had in the past even with some of the very expensive leather ones.

mingiz

Horse Poor
I use the neoprene waffle type.I do alot of mountain riding and I have never had any problems with slippage or chaffing. Plus there a lot easier to keep clean. Just hose them off.. I have done the string,and felt type also...never go back..