Western lessons in calvert county

fuzzerd

My daughter has ridden english for about 2 years and now wants to try western. Does anyone know of a place that gives western lessons in calvert county?

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
My daughter has ridden english for about 2 years and now wants to try western. Does anyone know of a place that gives western lessons in calvert county?

I don't know about in calvert. but Mary Alice Good in Laplata is really good at western. She's in charles and worth the drive! If you want her number I can give it to you

alloveragain

Natalie Garner is in Calvert. I don't know if she gives lessons but could likely point you in the right direction.

willowhillindex

This might sound mean but we tred a few but had a hard time finding someone that really knew the differance that could teach at first. Then we lucked into a really good place that a friend of mine boards at - but the owners are moving so it is a little crazy now. If you find someone please post the details!

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
This might sound mean but we tred a few but had a hard time finding someone that really knew the differance that could teach at first. Then we lucked into a really good place that a friend of mine boards at - but the owners are moving so it is a little crazy now. If you find someone please post the details!

I posted above about Mary Alice Good.She is great and her daughter is also. They ride the AQHA circuit and know where the western world is going. Her daughter is teaching me western so I can do all around

C

campinmutt

does your daughter own her own horse or will she need lesson horses?

duchess1

A friend of mine takes Western lessons and said she's going to change trainers. She's going to look into Infinity Farm, they have a girl there named Chrissy, (not sure of name) From what she told me, she's heard good things especially for how young she is. She is even better at training the horse also. I don't know the number. I can find out if your interested.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
A friend of mine takes Western lessons and said she's going to change trainers. She's going to look into Infinity Farm, they have a girl there named Chrissy, (not sure of name) From what she told me, she's heard good things especially for how young she is. She is even better at training the horse also. I don't know the number. I can find out if your interested.

Chrissy is a sweetheart. She leaves for college in the fall though...(California)

duchess1

Chrissy is a sweetheart. She leaves for college in the fall though...(California)

Yea, I heard that also. I think she plans on going to another horse college when she's done in California. People say she's amazing with training horses. I heard she's training a blind one now. I wouldn't have the patience!

Seamaid

Is the place in lusby, the ones that are moving?

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
Is she as good as I've heard? We do need more Western riders and trainers here in St. Mary's.

Yes she is as good as you have heard. I was shocked at how good she was. She also is very good with the parents and handling difficult kids. I guess that comes with the whole patience thing.