Western Saddles

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
I need a roughout, cheap training saddle in decent condition.
I need a 16" seat with full QH bars.

In the future i will also need a show saddle with a 15- 15 1/2" seat if anyone knows any stores with decent prices or private sales

TIA

appaholic

In the future i will also need a show saddle with a 15- 15 1/2" seat if anyone knows any stores with decent prices or private sales

TIA

BJ, Keep an eye out for a quality used show saddle such as Phil Harris, Dale Chavez, Silver Mesa... on ebay, and the tack trader web sites (most people keep them in a bag to protect them from the elements so they are in good shape and you can get a good deal!)

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
Bliss..

Did you go down to Melvin's place and check out the little tack shop they have there? I was told they have some saddle at a decent price there.

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
BJ, Keep an eye out for a quality used show saddle such as Phil Harris, Dale Chavez, Silver Mesa... on ebay, and the tack trader web sites (most people keep them in a bag to protect them from the elements so they are in good shape and you can get a good deal!)

i've seen alot of those but they're like 3000. You think I would be a 16 seat or a 15?

Eventer29

I have some western saddles I need to sell. Western saddles are sized differently than english I think if you ride in a 16" english you would want a 15" western, but check with someone who knows more. I rode western for years but never paid much attention to seat size. I just know that when I bought my first western saddle on my own (no parental help) I got a 16" and it was HUGE!

razzle1127

i have the tex tan i am trying to sell its like brand new, and i was including everything i have with it. its a 16 inch seat. i have pics if you are interested.

Tack_Collector

TIA

A serious 15" show saddle will be tough to find. There's a 15" Billy Cook on ebay, or maybe it just closed out, and I have one on Tacktrader.com that's a 16" tree factory padded to 15" , which means they used a special molded foam wedge to achieve that just-right curve and get away w/ padding it that much.

Silver Mesa was Sergeants brand, they they are out of business. If you like a deeper pocket, look at Billy Cook, Chavez, Broken Horn, and Tex Tan Imperial. I particularly like the way the Tex Tan Imperials ride, but they ride small, like a padded deep pocket 16". Champion Turf's modern light oil saddles run big, like Huge big, so a 15" of those is probably like a 16" of anything else. I tried a 16" and it was like any other brand's 17".

Last edited: