Western Show Saddle

blueeyedangel

Eventually, I'd like to show my horse western pleasure. The saddle I have now is just a plain wintec, and obviously you can't show in that.
Can anyone reccomend a good brand of western show saddles? I don't really know anything about western brands, and which one is the best.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I have a nice Phil Harris show saddle I will sell...Let me look for a picture

Blue Ribbon, Silver Mesa, Phil Harris, Dale Chevez are all good

morganhorse

Yes all those brands Paso listed are really nice quality.

Circle y makes pretty reasonable priced show saddles which are great to just start out in at the local shows.

I have a billy royal show saddle that I LOVE. I ride morgans so mine is dark oil but they also come in light oil.

Here is a bad picture of my show saddle (sorry I don't have one just of the saddle)

http://amy-sargent.com/MIdashow/dvfheartlite.jpg

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
morganhorse said:
Yes all those brands Paso listed are really nice quality.

Circle y makes pretty reasonable priced show saddles which are great to just start out in at the local shows.

I have a billy royal show saddle that I LOVE. I ride morgans so mine is dark oil but they also come in light oil.

Here is a bad picture of my show saddle (sorry I don't have one just of the saddle)

http://amy-sargent.com/MIdashow/dvfheartlite.jpg

Nice picture..

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
blueeyedangel said:
Eventually, I'd like to show my horse western pleasure. The saddle I have now is just a plain wintec, and obviously you can't show in that.
Can anyone reccomend a good brand of western show saddles? I don't really know anything about western brands, and which one is the best.

:confused: I thought that was a "donkey" thing. Guess you horsey people are freaky too!

FYI, donkey people don't use saddles in their shows... :whistle:

showqueen74

blueeyedangel said:
I show western pleasure, and I show in a plain Circle Y trail saddle, and I mean plain, no silver. I am only showing open shows for now. (MSA, MW) unless you plan on doing some serious showing, like breed shows, I'd say just go with a good quality workable saddle.
If you have your heart set on a show saddle, take your time! Now is the time to be in the market-lots of high school kid are going off to college soon, and will be selling things. Good luck- Vicky