Wet and Forget

General Lee

Has anyone tried this product, particularly on their roof? Wondering if it’s any good. Looks like a slow way to get results IF it works as advertised

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
My brother swears by it. I tried it on my dad's roof which was heavy with moss and lichen, didn't get the result I was expecting. I want to try it on my siding where the green algae is visible.

I have a half gallon, it get mixed with 5 parts water. Oh, just found a direct no-mix spray bottle of it too. You're welcome to try a bit before you buy.

General Lee

Thanks buddy, I actually have a jug Of no mix that attaches to your hose, Just haven’t used it yet. I was going to get more if it’s a proven product because what I have won’t cover all I need to do. Figured I see what the peeps here had to say before spending more $$ on more.

Does your brother use it on his roof? This rainy season spurred some moss growth on my north side roofs. I just have feeling it won’t do much for the moss like your results were.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Thanks buddy, I actually have a jug Of no mix that attaches to your hose, Just haven’t used it yet. I was going to get more if it’s a proven product because what I have won’t cover all I need to do. Figured I see what the peeps here had to say before spending more $$ on more.

Does your brother use it on his roof? This rainy season spurred some moss growth on my north side roofs. I just have feeling it won’t do much for the moss like your results were.
I've been thinking about trying it on my roof, to take care of the black streaks on the shingles.
Please let us know how it works out.

limblips

PREMO Member
I used it on my roof this spring and am very pleased with the results. It took all the moss and algae off. My nephew turned me on to it. He owns funeral homes they use it to clean headstones. Three years ago I did the inlaw's stones First application was with a scrub brush to break the lichen loose. Then just a spray coat. Now all we do is a spray coat once a year. The stones are moss, lichen and algae free.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Haven't needed it for the roof (metal) but on the shady woods side of the house had algae on the siding. Used it with the hose package and a soft brush, excellent results. Behind the downspout where I couldn't brush came out what I would say was just okay. Overall, I'll use it again when needed.

General Lee

I’ll give it a try. Mind as well use the jug I got to start. Lowe’s has “spray and forget” which doesn’t seem to get good reviews. Didn’t see “wet and forget”.