What a call

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Yeah what a BS call, the Redskins get screwed again, Alstot was stopped. Then to add insult to injury Patten gets bumped off the ball in FG range and no flag for us.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ak...

AK-74me said:
Yeah what a BS call, the Redskins get screwed again, Alstot was stopped. Then to add insult to injury Patten gets bumped off the ball in FG range and no flag for us.

...we didn't see indisputable evidence Alstot was down. I think he was down but replay didn't show clearly and that's the rule.

As far as Patten, the other guy jumped for and played the ball.

I did, however see a few other plays very clearly.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Larry Gude said:
...we didn't see indisputable evidence Alstot was down. I think he was down but replay didn't show clearly and that's the rule.

As far as Patten, the other guy jumped for and played the ball.

I did, however see a few other plays very clearly.

His right elbow(the ball was in his right hand) was down before the goal line, it showed clearly on the last replay..

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yeah...

otter said:
His right elbow(the ball was in his right hand) was down before the goal line, it showed clearly on the last replay..

...we see him on his back, then the elbow goes down and we can't see the ball. Did he have it gripped with his hand toward his shoulder? I mean I think, THINK he was down to, but, at that angle I sure can say, fact certain, the ball wasn't right at the line. I know if they took it away from us, I'd be PIZZED.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Larry Gude said:
I know if they took it away from us, I'd be PIZZED.

Yeah, I agree with the above....BUT..put a football in your hand, put your elbow on the floor..can you get the ball past your elbow??

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Looking...

otter said:
Yeah, I agree with the above....BUT..put a football in your hand, put your elbow on the floor..can you get the ball past your elbow??

...in the mirror, looks like the best one could do if their elbow was on the ground before their back, like Mike, is the ball can be where your armpit is.

That SHOULD be short of the endzone but, we can't see the ball. Did it come loose on the way down, then he re-gripped it after he hit?

I'm just saying we can't see the ball and that would be necessary for indisputable, right?

On the other hand, I thought they did a great job on the Betts call. His heel WAS out on a couple steps but was NOT clearly on the ground. They could have chickened and called him out.

Hell of a game.

gumbo

FIGHT CLUB !
otter said:
Thats what I seen, nor did I see the ball break the plane of the goal line.

Bad Call

donbarzini

Not being a Redskins' fan I can claim a degree of objectivity. The Alstott call was 50/50, and since hey were in TB, well........you know.

However, the worst call of the weekend goes to the "unreviewable"
32(?) yd completion which led to the 1st Bucs touchdown. For that moron to cover himself by saying the receiver was pushed out so he couldn't be overruled was one of the most egregiously self-serving acts I have seen in a long time.

Instead of stepping up and saying "I missed it.", he weaseled out. The official was extremely lucky it was Gibbs on the sideline and not someone like Billick or Tice.

Pitiful

Otter

Nothing to see here
donbarzini said:
32(?) yd completion which led to the 1st Bucs touchdown. For that moron to cover himself by saying the receiver was pushed out so he couldn't be overruled was one of the most egregiously self-serving acts I have seen in a long time.

Right or wrong(and it was wrong), the official immediately called the 'pushout', making review moot.

IMO, the last replay shown by Fox on the 2 pt'er conclusively showed Alstott down before the goal line. I'm willing to bet that the official reviewing the play didn't see that replay since it was well after the challenge was issued. I couldn't tell from the other replays but the last one clearly showed his elbow down approximately 6 inches before the goal and the ball not in sight. Over and done with, a loss is a loss.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
They do have some odd rules...

donbarzini said:
Not being a Redskins' fan I can claim a degree of objectivity. The Alstott call was 50/50, and since hey were in TB, well........you know.

Instead of stepping up and saying "I missed it.", he weaseled out. The official was extremely lucky it was Gibbs on the sideline and not someone like Billick or Tice.

Pitiful

...why have replay if there are some calls that are NOT reviewable? I mean, the point is that a 'push out' is considered objective but yesterday it was so obvious. Just call it a catch and let replay BACK YOU UP.

Same on fumbles. Returns get killed if it is ruled down. Refs are human and they do call things they don't see but there is NO need to make a quick, assertive call when replay is there to BACK YOU UP.

Overall they do a superb job.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That raises an interesting question...

otter said:
Right or wrong(and it was wrong), the official immediately called the 'pushout', making review moot.

IMO, the last replay shown by Fox on the 2 pt'er conclusively showed Alstott down before the goal line. I'm willing to bet that the official reviewing the play didn't see that replay since it was well after the challenge was issued. I couldn't tell from the other replays but the last one clearly showed his elbow down approximately 6 inches before the goal and the ball not in sight. Over and done with, a loss is a loss.

...what DO they see in that booth? Certainly not just what we see, as we see it? I thought they had a seperate feed that showed all the camera angles and repeated them and slowed them as he wishes???

Otter

Nothing to see here
Larry Gude said:
...what DO they see in that booth? Certainly not just what we see, as we see it? I thought they had a seperate feed that showed all the camera angles and repeated them and slowed them as he wishes???

I'm not really sure but I always thought that they used the TV feeds and replays. I'm sure it was a local Fox camera crew out of Tampa Bay and they lollygagged with the one conclusive bit of video evidence until the official was finished reviewing the play on the sideline. As he was trotting out to midfield to state his determination, that was when the producer showed the last replay. yeah...thats what happened..I got it all figured out... :lmao:

donbarzini

Larry Gude said:

By rule, they(in the booth) are only allowed to use the TV feed.

BuddyLee

Football addict
AK-74me said:
Sounded like more than a few bad calls our way. For instance, the first down pass when Tampa had two minutes to go, when they replayed that the ball hit the ground, indisputable.:duh:

BuddyLee

Football addict
donbarzini said:

Pitiful
Ah yes, this bad call too. I wonder where anyone saw a 'push out'.