What a crock

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

There must be more to this story. A bank employee gave $20 of her own money to a man who was having an emergency.....and the bank fired her, saying it was an “unauthorized interaction with a customer.”

“At U.S. Bank, we have policies and procedures in place to protect our customers and employees,” the statement read. “Ms. James was terminated following an internal investigation into her interactions with a customer. During this review it was determined Ms. James did not use the available solutions to remedy the customer’s situation and instead put herself and the bank at risk with her actions.”

That can't be right. How did they even find out she gave him the money? Why is it any of their business? She said she had permission to leave and meet with the man, so what's the problem?

I hate these news stories that seem so ridiculous you know they're full of crap and leaving important parts out.

Reactions: BOP

Spitfire

Greetings:

Sounds totally plausible. I mean, have you stepped into an actual brick& mortar bank in the last 30 years? My experience is that being nice is in fact a fireable offense. It never happens.

nutz

People are always looking for any excuse. Maybe they got pissed because she didnt convince the guy to take out a high interest loan instead.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Greetings:

Sounds totally plausible. I mean, have you stepped into an actual brick& mortar bank in the last 30 years? My experience is that being nice is in fact a fireable offense. It never happens.
Sounds like it's time for you to change banks or your attitude. I can't EVER remember having a teller or account agent who wasn't friendly and polite.

Spitfire

Greetings:

Navy Federal is great, but I never need to actually visit a branch. The banks that used to be in the Mercantile family are the pits.

transporter

Greetings:

I step into banks on a regular basis. I am ALWAYS treated nicely.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I step into banks on a regular basis. I am ALWAYS treated nicely.

Look at you saying something positive. Now doesn't that feel good? :huggy:

The folks at CPFCU are very nice, I've never encountered one of them who was snitty or rude.

I'll forget about this story in another hour or so (I'd forgotten it until I saw it had new replies this morning) but for that hour I'm still curious why this woman was really fired. Because it wasn't for giving someone $20 of her own money.

Reactions: BOP

truby20

Fighting like a girl

There must be more to this story. A bank employee gave $20 of her own money to a man who was having an emergency.....and the bank fired her, saying it was an “unauthorized interaction with a customer.”

“At U.S. Bank, we have policies and procedures in place to protect our customers and employees,” the statement read. “Ms. James was terminated following an internal investigation into her interactions with a customer. During this review it was determined Ms. James did not use the available solutions to remedy the customer’s situation and instead put herself and the bank at risk with her actions.”

That can't be right. How did they even find out she gave him the money? Why is it any of their business? She said she had permission to leave and meet with the man, so what's the problem?

I hate these news stories that seem so ridiculous you know they're full of crap and leaving important parts out.
I agree about this story, and I searched and searched, it sounds legit. It's awful. F**k this bank, I think this is their MO.

mitzi

I believe it. Some of these employers will fire you for any reason. When I worked PT at a local grocery store, I was almost fired for letting a customer use my discount card (hers was in the car). She was in there every other day so I didn't see any harm. The manager/owner saw me pull mine out and almost fired me (in front of the customer). The only thing that saved me was the customer knew him and told him he was wrong for acting like that. I was only trying to help her and give her good service is what she said and told him he should be ashamed of himself. Her words were the only thing that made him back down. But I sure got chewed out.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I was almost fired for letting a customer use my discount card (hers was in the car). She was in there every other day so I didn't see any harm.

Yes ... Violating Company Policy

The discount is a trade of logging the customers purchase history

mitzi

Yes ... Violating Company Policy

The discount is a trade of logging the customers purchase history

I did, I don't deny it. I never thought of the policy at the time. I was trying to give her break since she shopped in there all the time. She only had 2 or 3 items. Lesson learned.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
yeah its stupid ...

I remember the Giant Cashier's would do the same thing if you forgot your discount card

awpitt

Main Streeter
How did they even find out she gave him the money?

Most likely because the phone call was recorded for training purposes. Just a guess though.

Why is it any of their business?

She was on the bank's time when she was contacted by the customer.

She said she had permission to leave and meet with the man, so what's the problem?

That's the weird part. If she had approval to leave work in order to meet the customer for the purpose of giving him $20, then there's a real problem on the part of the bank.

My question is.... Did she actually have supervisor approval to leave work in order to meet the customer for the purpose of giving him $20 -OR- Did she have supervisor approval to merely step out of the office for a few minutes?