What a failure!

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
Driver in crash found with snake around neck
Thursday,December18,2003,10:32 AM

BANGOR (AP) -- The Somerset County Sheriff's Department says a man who crashed his car Wednesday night had a snake wrapped around his neck.

Deputies were investigating a sport utility vehicle stuck in a snowbank when they found an occupant who was described as "homicidal and suicidal" with slashed wrists. He also had a six-foot adult boa constrictor wrapped around his neck.

The incident occurred in the town of Detroit.

Deputies removed the snake and took the motorist into protective custody and then brought him to the hospital. Police say they aren't sure if charges will be filed.

The Detroit animal control officer took custody of the snake.

K

Kizzy

jlab,

Sorry :offtopic:

Just wanted to say your av is cute. It looks like he is jamming to a song.

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
In the spirit of the holidaze no flaming. And sorry I cannot discuss religion outside of the religion thread.:dance:

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
That's cool, didn't mean to start a big fight. Just wondered about your position on your tag line (maybe you could change it for non-religious threads?)

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Originally posted by tlatchaw
That's cool, didn't mean to start a big fight. Just wondered about your position on your tag line (maybe you could change it for non-religious threads?)
:rolleyes:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
jlab...

Police say they aren't sure if charges will be filed.

Is 'nutball' illegal in Michigan?

As fas as his tag line it's simple:

Religion is not about facts, it is about faith.

School is about facts, not faith.

Therefore, teaching OF faith ought not be in schools per se. Teaching ABOUT religion in school, I'm all for.

Actual religious faith is a personal matter and is best reserved for the home and a Church filled with people of a similar faith.

Public schools should be secular (except for the Pledge of Allegiance).

jlab, that about cover it?

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
Larry, got it just about right. EXCEPT I don't think you should teach religion in school until the kids are at least old enough to understand & rationalize it. I didn't learn comparative religion until college when I was probably too stoned to learn much else. I don't think HS kids can rationalize between different faith structures & such. Keep it to post-secondary levels.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Originally posted by jlabsher
Larry, got it just about right. EXCEPT I don't think you should teach religion in school until the kids are at least old enough to understand & rationalize it. I didn't learn comparative religion until college when I was probably too stoned to learn much else. I don't think HS kids can rationalize between different faith structures & such. Keep it to post-secondary levels.

We were taught about Martin Luther and the Reformation and how that lead to other Christian denominations in 10th grade. I remember that the teacher had deep religious convictions and made no bones about it, but we were taught the facts, dates and the documents that Luther and others wrote to justify their break from the Roman Catholic Church. And how that affected the politics of the world at large.

I think that's what Larry meant about teaching ABOUT religion.