What a Kennedy ...

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Rep. Kennedy Crashes Car Near Capitol

"I consumed no alcohol prior to the incident. I will fully cooperate with the Capitol Police in whatever investigation they choose to undertake," Kennedy, son of Sen. Edward M. Kennedy, said in the statement. It was issued after news reports surfaced about the accident. According to news reports, the single-car accident happened around 3 a.m.

Sure ... :really:

willie

Rhode Island must be as brain dead as Massachusetts. How do people in this shape get elected????
Kennedy, 38, spent time at a drug rehabilitation clinic before he went to Providence College in Rhode Island. He has openly discussed his personal mental health problems, including having been diagnosed with bipolar disorder. Early this year he spoke about having been in recovery "for depression, for alcoholism and substance abuse."

Pete

Repete
willie said:
Rhode Island must be as brain dead as Massachusetts. How do people in this shape get elected????
Kennedy, 38, spent time at a drug rehabilitation clinic before he went to Providence College in Rhode Island. He has openly discussed his personal mental health problems, including having been diagnosed with bipolar disorder. Early this year he spoke about having been in recovery "for depression, for alcoholism and substance abuse."
A bipolar, drug and booze addict in congress. WTF are the people of Rouge Island thinking?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
I just caught a segment on Fox News tonight, where there was quite a controversy over how this all went down.

The line officers who were first at the scene, observed Rep. Kennedy "staggering around" the area immediately after the incident. No sobriety check was made, and then they were told to "back off" and offer Rep. Kennedy a ride home, by 2 police sergeants at the home station.

He reportedly told the officers that "he was on his way to participate in a vote at the Capitol", though the last vote took place some 6 hours prior to that time, approx. 2:45am!

I wonder how you or I would have fared, after ramming a security barricade at 2:45am in Washington DC, after uttering those word to the police?

Something is out of whack with this picture.

ericw

Didn't he get in trouble a couple of years ago for assaulting a transportation security officer at an airport? Okay, Rhode Island, vote him OUT and prove you're not as mindless as your neighbor to the north that keeps reelecting his father... :razz:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
You people are so quick to judge...

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060505/D8HDBHI81.html

Kennedy said he had taken sleep medication and a prescription anti-nausea drug that can cause drowsiness.

It's Congress' fault;

Later, however, he issued a longer statement saying the attending physician for Congress had prescribed Phenergan on Tuesday to treat Kennedy's gastroenteritis, an inflammation of the stomach and intestines.

"Apparently, I was disoriented from the medication."

Apparently.

ylexot

Super Genius
willie said:
...but his name is KENNEDY! :sarcasm:

MMDad

Lem Putt
bresamil said:
I've had Phenergan before. It knocks me out for a minimum of 12 hours.
:yay: Good stuff. I got it IV when I had food poisoning.

I can't imagine driving on that stuff. Add a sleeping pill, and he was definitely under the influence. Even if he wasn't drunk (which I doubt), he should still be prosecuted for DUI just for the drugs!

Last edited:
D

dems4me

ylexot said:
...but his name is KENNEDY! :sarcasm:

Phew!!! I heard that and immediately thought "I'm glad he's ok, he coudl have been hurt" :frown:
I certainly hope the doctors go to bat for him :smile:

MMDad

Lem Putt
dems4me said:
Phew!!! I heard that and immediately thought "I'm glad he's ok, he coudl have been hurt" :frown:
I certainly hope the doctors go to bat for him :smile:
Rhetorical question: Are you freaking insane? (we all know the answer.)

How should the doctors go to bat? "Yes he was prescribed drugs that make it dangerous to drive. Yes, the bottles were labeled to indicate that it is dangerous."

The only good thing about this is that there wasn't a bridge for him to drive off of, and there wasn't a girl in the passenger seat to die.

D

dems4me

MMDad said:
Rhetorical question: Are you freaking insane? QUOTE]

Yes, I'm beyond normal insanity and have now breached the level of freaking insanity. Watch out :yay:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Larry Gude said:
...are you saying Young Kennedy did remarkably well to make it as far as he did?
:lmao: Yep. That stuff kicked me to the ground, stepped on my face and left me for dead for a minimum of 12 hours when taken if not 16. He had to be on speed to get alert enough to find the car.