What Am I Missing?

K

Kain99

26_2_cow.jpg

The Mad Cow was a Dairy Cow? How in the world did that meat get into the system? Call me crazy but I musta missed something huge! :rolleyes:

K

Kain99

Re: Re: What Am I Missing?

Originally posted by mainman
Hell if I'm opening that can of worms...:wink:
I believe you are on probation Mister! :wink:

K

Kain99

Re: Kain

Where did you read it was in fact a dairy cow? :confused:
Gee.... I dunno! Every single photo I see is of a dairy cow, you citified city boy! confuses Kain. :bawl:

mainman

Set Trippin
Re: Re: Kain

Originally posted by Kain99
Gee.... I dunno! Every single photo I see is of a dairy cow, you citified city boy! confuses Kain. :bawl:
Im just wondering if these arent file photos... I could be wrong, it happens once in a while ya know...:wink:
I did just read a funny article saying Mcdonalds claims no drop in hamburger sales...:lol: How would they notice, like they really have beef in the burgers..:roflmao:

K

Kain99

Re: Re: Re: Kain

Im just wondering if these arent file photos... I could be wrong, it happens once in a while ya know...:wink:
Hey MM ya wanna a BIG FAT KNUCKLE SAMMICH? You'd think the 7 major News agencies would have at least ONE file photo of a Beef cow! :rolleyes:

Crabby Old Lady

Knit picking
You are right it was a dairy cow(holstein) that was butchered. I was brought up in a dairy community and was always told that dairy cattle are not to be butchered for eating as it was not as good.
Anyways, beside them using the so called butchered meat for animal feed they also used some of the trimmings for ground beef to go to those lucky grocery stores. I hope that has not become a common practice now.

mainman

Set Trippin
Re: Re: Re: Re: Kain

Hey MM ya wanna a BIG FAT KNUCKLE SAMMICH? You'd think the 7 major News agencies would have at least ONE file photo of a Beef cow! :rolleyes:
I agree, I just had the same question you did, how in the hell did a dairy cow get mixed in?

And please don't hit me, you know I'm afraid of you...:bawl:

K

Kain99

Originally posted by Crabby Old Lady
You are right it was a dairy cow(holstein) that was butchered. I was brought up in a dairy community and was always told that dairy cattle are not to be butchered for eating as it was not as good.
Anyways, beside them using the so called butchered meat for animal feed they also used some of the trimmings for ground beef to go to those lucky grocery stores. I hope that has not become a common practice now.
Thank you Crabby! I was looking at those photo's and scratching my head! Dairy fat for Ground Beef.....Icky!

MM... You need a good Butt Whooping! :biggrin:

mainman

Set Trippin
MM... You need a good Butt Whooping! :biggrin:
I am a bad boy. Also, I haven't shaved since christmas day, and I don't think I will for a few more days... I'm livin on the wild side...:biggrin:

Pete

Repete
Where do you think dairy cows go after they stop producing milk and calves? Right straight to McDonalds and Burger King. They say 100% pure beef, that means it only has to be bovine. Many years ago I grew up on a dairy, and most of my family had dairies. When the big milk glut hit and the gov paid dairy farmers to stop milking cows they all went to auction and went into burger.

Hello welcome to Mcdonalds may I take your order?

Yes I would like the McBessie, medium, and a vanilla shake.

Thank you please pull around.

K

Kizzy

Pete,

:killingme

I grew up next door to a farm and I didn't know that. :confused: Hum, maybe all those cows didn't get sick and die like he said, but made it to the dinner table instead.

K

Kizzy

I was at a party last night and everyone was tearing up the BBQ. Somebody mentioned the BBQ was venison, then all the sudden, nobody wanted to eat it. :shrug: They worry about mad cow and wouldn't eat the venison.

B

Bruzilla

It was a Hostein dairy cow that was infected. Yes, the meat from a dairy cow is usually tough and needs a lot of help, but it is edible.

Speaking of which... a female friend of mine sent me a joke about men not wanting to buy a cow when they can get milk at the store, but now women were learning it's not worth buying the whole pig just to get six inches of sausage. I told her that there's some validity to the mens' claim... dairy cows aren't good for much besides producing milk. Their meat is tough and hard to take, they require lots of time and effort to keep happy, and they just like to lay around as they get older. Pigs on the other hand are completely different. There isn't a single piece of a pig that can't be used for something, most of it good. You've got ribs, roasts, hams, sausage, bacon, etc., plus skins to make footballs. Pigs will eat just about anything you put in front of them and all they need to be happy is a place to get dirty and have fun in. Looks like the women are getting far more out of a "pig" than we men would be getting from a "dairy cow." :wink: :wink: :wink:

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
Old dairy cows usually go to ground meat or by-products (dogfood, sausage, hotdogs, etc.) or of course the glue factory, but that is usually the really sick ones. I found it amazing that this little bossy made it to 8 states in a week.

I once worked for a company that took old laying hens and sold them to campbells, a tough old hen won't fry up good, but you can't tell the dif in soup.