What animal makes this sound?

Mama_Mia08

I am thinking it's a type of bird but I really don't know. The only way I can describe it is a squeaky door that needs grease sound. It's not real high pitched either. I hear it day and night. My backyard has a lot of trees. I am in CRE not sure if that helps or not. I've searched the internet and listened to a bunch of bird sounds and can't find it. TIA:smile:

I took video of the sound. I don't know how to convert it and all that stuff. The sound is at about 15 secs. Usually it's' a lot louder and frequent. I think it knew I was trying to record it.

YouTube - Weird Bird Sound

Last edited:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I am thinking it's a type of bird but I really don't know. The only way I can describe it is a squeaky door that needs grease sound. It's not real high pitched either. I hear it day and night. My backyard has a lot of trees. I am in CRE not sure if that helps or not. I've searched the internet and listened to a bunch of bird sounds and can't find it. TIA:smile:

Wilde beast or Badger.

Mama_Mia08

Yep probably right...
Hopefully someone can give me some ideas. I've been trying to figure it out for awhile.

Pushrod

Patriot

I think I know what you are talking about. It is a Red-Bellied woodpecker and he is always calling out.
Here is a link to his call. Is that it?

JungleWalk - Links to thousands of animal multimedia sites

Toxick

Splat
That is the mating call of the Jarra-jarra bird.

A very large native bird... it's very rare.
Meat eater. It's been known to carry small children away.

But don't worry - it won't come near the fire.

PrepH4U

Ya but I thought it wouldn't hurt small children or pets until they actually start their nest. I just hope his mating call will not attract a mate, then they just usually fly off and keep on looking. Just as long as she is not feeding the other birds she has nothing to worry about right? :shrug:

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also,
there is a native bird called the 'Oh-No' bird.
It has short little legs and gigantic balls.
When he is about to land, you can hear him calling "Oh-No, Oh-No" !

Katelin

one day the dark will end

I took video of the sound. I don't know how to convert it and all that stuff. The sound is at about 15 secs. Usually it's' a lot louder and frequent. I think it knew I was trying to record it.

YouTube - Weird Bird Sound

There are a lot of bird sounds....so where ( time stamp) is the sound you are speaking of?

Mama_Mia08

There are a lot of bird sounds....so where ( time stamp) is the sound you are speaking of?

I thought I said in my first post, sorry. About the 15 sec mark. It's more like a squeaky cabinet door I guess.

Thanks to anyone who can give me a serious idea as to what it may be. Obviously, I know it's nothing to be scared of. I'm just curious since I've heard it non stop since we've moved here almost 2 years ago.

PrepH4U

I thought I said in my first post, sorry. About the 15 sec mark. It's more like a squeaky cabinet door I guess.

Thanks to anyone who can give me a serious idea as to what it may be. Obviously, I know it's nothing to be scared of. I'm just curious since I've heard it non stop since we've moved here almost 2 years ago.

Actually my first thought was it sounded like one of your trees creeking and not a bird at all. :shrug:

Mama_Mia08

Sounds like your trees.. Hear this sound at my moms when the wind is blowing...

I considered that too until I realized the wind wasn't blowing. Well, through my quest to figure out this sound I found the names of other birds around my house at least.