What are the chances this will be on all the news?

SamSpade

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v...er_somebody_needs_to_go_to_jail_for_this.html

This is - unbelievable. Really. I guess my biggest concern is - NOTHING WILL HAPPEN. Reagan wasn't the only person made of Teflon - everyone in Washington is.

Normally - most of the time - I trust law enforcement. Never LAWYERS. Sometimes, courts and judges. But almost always cops, because you have to be either crazy or dedicated to do what they do and get paid so little for such hazardous work. Most LE people I've known are the kind of people you'd think made Eagle Scout - patriotic, straight-laced, and fair-minded.

Ditto medical people. MOST doctors I've known - while often egotistical - they're usually patient, honest and mostly concerned about your health and not how much you can pay. They work long hours and endure stuff I wouldn't want to - and still stay sane.

But this - this is federal level LE entirely turned political.

What kind of country will we live in, if the FBI turns into the Gestapo?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
They'll tap some low level aide to take the fall. "All the corruption in Washington is the fault of this $1.99 temp!"

limblips

PREMO Member
And after this both sides all go in to the back room for drinks and laugh about what a fine show they are putting on for us.

PsyOps

Pixelated
What kind of country will we live in, if the FBI turns into the Gestapo?

Trump getting elected has done something to these people. He didn't just upset the apple cart; he tossed it across Washington DC. It really boils down to putting the establishment into shock. And this disbelief turned into anger, then abject hatred. It's hard to believe people working within our agencies would engage in conspiracy to take down a president, rooted in this hatred. Of course, we have seen this before - Lincoln. Kennedy. But to have people working at the highest levels of our government (current and former) in the act of - what I am comfortable calling - treason should really scar everyone. I hope this isn't a new era of how our LE agencies will behave. But, hatred is a huge motivator to do evil things.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Trump getting elected has done something to these people. He didn't just upset the apple cart; he tossed it across Washington DC. It really boils down to putting the establishment into shock. And this disbelief turned into anger, then abject hatred. It's hard to believe people working within our agencies would engage in conspiracy to take down a president, rooted in this hatred. Of course, we have seen this before - Lincoln. Kennedy. But to have people working at the highest levels of our government (current and former) in the act of - what I am comfortable calling - treason should really scar everyone. I hope this isn't a new era of how our LE agencies will behave. But, hatred is a huge motivator to do evil things.
What the majority of people forget, or simply don't know, or understand,, is that each State, [Country], within this Union, is a Nation onto itself. "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, [the Federal Government], nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the People". See? Simple.