What are they waiting for?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
When will the government decide to discontinue our hostage situation?

Ever?

They keep saying, "Oh flatten the curve..." What does that even mean? The more people who get tested, the more cases they're going to find. That's just pure common sense. It doesn't matter if people are sick or even showing symptoms - viruses do not get completely eradicated. They never have.

Are they just tightening the noose until We the People have had enough, kick in their doors, and put their heads on a pike?

Are they waiting until November when Trump is ousted and whatever Democrat takes his place? So the "virus" can magically disappear, along with the homeless and crime and poverty that always magically disappears the second a Democrat becomes President?

Hank

my war

:lmao:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
The governor of Rhode Island has the state police roaming the neighborhoods for cars with NY tags so they can enforce a 14 day quarantine on them. On I-95 NB there is a sign board that says all NY drivers exit at rest stop.

This is the same governor that gave driver's licenses to illegal immigrants.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
The governor of Rhode Island has the state police roaming the neighborhoods for cars with NY tags so they can enforce a 14 day quarantine on them. On I-95 NB there is a sign board that says all NY drivers exit at rest stop.

This is the same governor that gave driver's licenses to illegal immigrants.
Apparently, also using cell phone data;

So the news is pitting NY Dem gov Cuomo against FL Repub gov DeSantis in the 3-state quarantine debate. Cuomo says it's unneeded, unenforceable and illegal, while DeSantis says essentially the opposite.

So it's interesting that the RI gov, Gina Raimondo, is a Dem.

--- End of line (MCP)

stgislander

PREMO Member
I think Hogan is going to have to quarantine MoCo, PG, and the rest of the Balt-Wash corridor.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Let's look at NYC's numbers:

• White: 42.67%
  • Black or African American: 24.27%
  • Other race: 15.12%
  • Asian: 13.95%
  • Two or more races: 3.51%
  • Native American: 0.43%
  • Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander: 0.05%
So +57% of the population are non white. This is a racist virus targeting POCs. Someone needs to be called a Hitler, I'm just not sure who that person(s) is/are.

Monello

PREMO Member
I pity the unfortunate person in Florida that rented a car and the car just happens to have NY state plates on it.

Scootboot

I keep looking at the numbers and doing the math. There are 52,318 cases as of right now in New York State. That is .27 percent of the population. Less than half a percent of the population. If you assume all the cases are in New York City then that would be .6% of the city population. Let's say 5% require hospitalization that is 2600 in the whole state. The city of New York has around 23K hospital beds. What am I missing? This is a city that should be prepared for a terrorist attack since um they had one and wouldn't you think they would be prepared for a chemical attack that would require extra protection?

PeoplesElbow

I keep looking at the numbers and doing the math. There are 52,318 cases as of right now in New York State. That is .27 percent of the population. Less than half a percent of the population. If you assume all the cases are in New York City then that would be .6% of the city population. Let's say 5% require hospitalization that is 2600 in the whole state. The city of New York has around 23K hospital beds. What am I missing? This is a city that should be prepared for a terrorist attack since um they had one and wouldn't you think they would be prepared for a chemical attack that would require extra protection?
I think normally hospitals operate near capacity, costs a lot to have extra capacity.

WingsOfGold

Mail is still coming, wife just surprised me with a shipment of Mary Sue Easter Eggs, best damn things this side of a crunchy soft crab sandwich! 🆒

Hijinx

The virus seems to be hitting in force now so it may be a while before the emergency is over. Hospitals are filling up.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think Hogan is going to have to quarantine MoCo, PG, and the rest of the Balt-Wash corridor.

I think they should all quarantine the festering cities and leave the rest of us alone. I've always liked the idea of building a wall around those shitholes anyway.

Monello

PREMO Member
Mail is still coming, wife just surprised me with a shipment of Mary Sue Easter Eggs, best damn things this side of a crunchy soft crab sandwich! 🆒
I take it that you haven't tasted a Black's BBQ beef rib nor this gem of a snack that I swear contains ingredients that are frowned upon by the DEA.

s829898242467371857_p2_i2_w640.jpeg