What are we going to expect from the new Gov

steppinthrax

I few things I'm hoping will happen.

1. Fire/Layoff mass gov workers.
2. Improve overall efficiency of gov. (i.e. more online services for MVA, newer tech etc...)
3. Reduce and eliminate taxes

bilbur

I few things I'm hoping will happen.

1. Fire/Layoff mass gov workers.
2. Improve overall efficiency of gov. (i.e. more online services for MVA, newer tech etc...)
3. Reduce and eliminate taxes

Layoffs are a great way to get the economy back on track. Next the governor can use the money he saved by getting rid of hard workers to buy lottery tickets and all out problems would be solved.
On a serious note why don't they look at getting rid of programs that support people that don't make an effort to support themselves. The first step could be drug testing for welfare recipients. This would create jobs while saving money by not giving tax dollars to drug addicts.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Im all for drug testing welfare recipients!!!!!

I have to take them to support them....

steppinthrax

Layoffs are a great way to get the economy back on track. Next the governor can use the money he saved by getting rid of hard workers to buy lottery tickets and all out problems would be solved.
On a serious note why don't they look at getting rid of programs that support people that don't make an effort to support themselves. The first step could be drug testing for welfare recipients. This would create jobs while saving money by not giving tax dollars to drug addicts.

I worked for the State of MD for two years. I can't even began to explain the waste. I remember there were people that worked there, they either watched Netflix or played solitaire all day long.

What direct benefit is a solitaire employee giving the state?

steppinthrax

Im all for drug testing welfare recipients!!!!!

I have to take them to support them....

Correct,

4. Abuse of socialized programs within the state.

I remember a Asian couple (husband and wife). Both worked under the table. One had a carpet cleaning business. They made good money. Both of their kids were on MCHIP (Maryland Children's Health Program). I reported them. Guess what, NOTHING HAPPENED........

FISHTAIL

Coordinating the Truth
I worked for the State of MD for two years. I can't even began to explain the waste. I remember there were people that worked there, they either watched Netflix or played solitaire all day long.

This is pretty common. Federal government too. There are many employees, all throughout government, who pretty much get paid to do nothing. I don't even like to think about all the waste I've seen over the years because it just gets me upset. Trust me, there could be some pretty major cuts to the federal (and probably state) work forces and nobody would notice a difference in service. The government is criminally inefficient in many cases.

luvmygdaughters

:yeahthat:

luvmygdaughters

Ummm...which one were you, Netflix or solitaire. It always makes me smile when some "hardworker" has the time to sit and watch the "goof offs" to report what they're doing all day.

bilbur

They pay taxes and buy things in the state. I also find it hard to believe that they were not there to serve some sort of purpose, everyone has a slow day every once in a while. If they were just playing around for 8 hours every day than they should be let go and so should their managers for letting it happen. So in that instance I agree with you, if there is a person filling a job that didn't need to be filled than they should go but I am not for getting rid of people that do actual work and make a contribution.

steppinthrax

This is pretty common. Federal government too. There are many employees, all throughout government, who pretty much get paid to do nothing. I don't even like to think about all the waste I've seen over the years because it just gets me upset. Trust me, there could be some pretty major cuts to the federal (and probably state) work forces and nobody would notice a difference in service. The government is criminally inefficient in many cases.

I think if someone went through every agency and evaluate employees. If they found who pulled their weight and who did nothing. Then cut the fat. Give the little work that those employees did to the more efficient one's, then give them pay increases. You will save money all over the place.

steppinthrax

Ummm...which one were you, Netflix or solitaire. It always makes me smile when some "hardworker" has the time to sit and watch the "goof offs" to report what they're doing all day.

I was the youngest one there who got sick of the BS after 2 years and left for a job in the DC area pulling a six-figure range!!!!

And no, not for the feds...

steppinthrax

They pay taxes and buy things in the state. I also find it hard to believe that they were not there to serve some sort of purpose, everyone has a slow day every once in a while. If they were just playing around for 8 hours every day than they should be let go and so should their managers for letting it happen. So in that instance I agree with you, if there is a person filling a job that didn't need to be filled than they should go but I am not for getting rid of people that do actual work and make a contribution.

They were under utilized. In actuality they probably did 3 hours of solid work. The work they did was also out-dated and could probably be done by a machine. In addition I know one who lived in PA and worked for MD????

Last edited:

FISHTAIL

Coordinating the Truth

Paying taxes doesn't do much good if you are paid from taxes. Buying things in state I'll give you though. And sure, they are supposed to serve some purpose, and some do..but many are either way underutilized, or are doing something that there really is no need for a person to do. As far as letting them go..even if they aren't doing anything, that's rather difficult. I've heard horror stories about how difficult it is to let go of a government employee..it takes a relatively substantial paper trail. In fact, on all the projects I've been on, when someone who's in over their head was in a management position and causing problems on the project, that person would usually be promoted to get them out of the way. Generally because they won't accept a lateral move, and firing them is difficult.

This leads to people that are in way beyond their level of expertise, "in charge" of projects and hiring people. Thus, people that are horribly utilized or placed into positions they shouldn't be. It also typically results in the contractor running the projects, bidding things up, and a government lead who's in no position to argue because they simply don't know any better.

The problem runs deep, and there are no easy answers. For the most part I think people mean well, but the system is flawed.

Hijinx

One thing I would like to see stop.

So many times in the Government , at the end of the year there is money's left over.

Now this causes a rush to spend those money's because if you turn money back they cut you by that much the next year.

It wouldn't cost a penny to stop that and it would save money.