What border crisis?

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
United States Attorney's Office District of Arizona September 2021 Immigration and Border Crimes Report

I. Illegal Reentry After Deportation (8 U.S.C. 1326)

238 individuals were charged in September with illegal reentry

A. 196 of those 238 individuals had previously been convicted of non-immigration criminal offenses in the U.S.

Of the 196 individuals with non-immigration criminal records:

1. 52 had violent crime convictions, including:

2 individuals had homicide convictions
11 individuals had sex offense convictions
15 individuals had domestic violence convictions

2. 6 had property crime convictions

3. 40 had DUI convictions

4. 113 had drug crime convictions

B. 116 of those 196 individuals had been deported three or more times

II. Alien Smuggling (8 U.S.C. 1324)

47 individuals were charged in September with alien smuggling

This is a 1 month total for 1 border state. And only counts the number who have been caught. 82% had prior conviction IN THE US.

Clem72

I don't understand why states, at least border states, can't have their own border patrol. Get past the feds? Great. Statey just picked you up and deports your ass (if not across their own southern state border, then a flight to California or New York). Are states not allowed to protect their own borders against non-citizens?

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
I don't understand why states, at least border states, can't have their own border patrol. Get past the feds? Great. Statey just picked you up and deports your ass (if not across their own southern state border, then a flight to California or New York). Are states not allowed to protect their own borders against non-citizens?
It's not a state border, it's an international border.

Clem72

It's not a state border, it's an international border.

IT is BOTH. How can it not also be a state boundary, the country is defined by it's states borders, not the other way around.

Google seems to suggest it's legal for a state to close it's borders to another state. Seems like this would also be evident to borders that do not abut another state.

In 1900, the U.S. Supreme Court had the chance to address the legality of these actions when Louisiana accused neighboring Texas of using yellow fever as a pretext to close its borders when in truth the rules were intended to protect local businesses from competition. The justices dismissed the case on other grounds, and have not touched the subject since.
Nevertheless, the precedents suggest that one state might well possess the power to seal its borders against another. For although the courts have long held that the Constitution protects the right to travel, including from one state to another, that freedom has been subject to a considerable caveat, articulated by Chief Justice Earl Warren in the Supreme Court’s 1965 decision in Zemel v. Rusk:

Reactions: BOP

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
IT is BOTH. How can it not also be a state boundary, the country is defined by it's states borders, not the other way around.

Google seems to suggest it's legal for a state to close it's borders to another state. Seems like this would also be evident to borders that do not abut another state.
States don't act independently against another country.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't understand why states, at least border states, can't have their own border patrol.

They can. They can also refuse to take "refugees" AND they can crack down on illegals in their state. The fed only thinks it's all-powerful, it's not really. In fact it's right in the US Constitution:

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
~ Tenth Amendment

And there are like 8 million Supreme Court cases upholding it.

So the question is, why won't Governors actually govern their state and tell the Fed to pack sand? Greg Abbott could close Texas' border right now if he wanted to. Call in the National Guard and secure that baby right quick. Why he doesn't is anybody's guess.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Ooh! You know what would be fun? Greg Abbot calls in the NG and secures Texas' border; Biden federalizes the TNG like Eisenhower did to Arkansas; and the fight is on! :yahoo:

Hijinx

Folks we have to look at reality here.

For some reason the democrats just don't care about this invasion of illegals and more ---they appear to want it.
These are people who other countries do not want anyway.
If other countries wanted these people they would make some effort to keep them---but it aint happening.

The re-entrie are mostly criminals we deported. This time they should go to Gitmo for ten years, that might discourage them a bit. But of course that aint happening either.

They are shipping these people all over our country and tax paying Americans are the ones paying the price in hospitalization, education, drunken drivers ,and drug problems.
It's not going to stop as long as democrats are in power, the answer to that should be obvious.
2022 is coming up , Let's get a good start there and get a real President in 2024.

Reactions: BOP

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
So the question is, why won't Governors actually govern their state and tell the Fed to pack sand? Greg Abbott could close Texas' border right now if he wanted to. Call in the National Guard and secure that baby right quick. Why he doesn't is anybody's guess.
His state would have to foot the bill if he acted independently of the federal govt?

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I guess who enforces the border is important.

The point of the post was to show how the claim that the illegals commit less crime than the native born population is utter BS. And from this small sample, 82% have priors. 82%. You don't find that percentage of criminals even in the worst cities in the US.

Clem72

I guess who enforces the border is important.

The point of the post was to show how the claim that the illegals commit less crime than the native born population is utter BS. And from this small sample, 82% have priors. 82%. You don't find that percentage of criminals even in the worst cities in the US.

82% of those apprehended. Maybe the adage that criminals are dumb rings true and all the good non-criminals weren't caught?