What do you call this neckline?

Cowgirl

Thanks everyone. It's not a cowl- those have lots of extra floppy fabric. I like the neckline and wanted to try making a sweater for myself like it. I used to like turtle neck type shirts, but now I can't stand anything in the front of my neck. It's gotten to the point I can't stand to wear regular t-shirts, I prefer v-neck. :lol:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
The Lion Brand one is close. I found this one which I like. I also like this one for men.
I like the guys one. I can't see the pattern for the women's one so I don't have a bunch of input, but the double button, low neck makes me worry I'd always have to wear something underneath or it would gap most inappropriately. :lol:
I like this one too.
I think I like this one best. But the pattern's a little advanced for me. I'm newer to knitting. :lol: So I'll have to pay you to make me one. :smile:

Cowgirl

I like the guys one. I can't see the pattern for the women's one so I don't have a bunch of input, but the double button, low neck makes me worry I'd always have to wear something underneath or it would gap most inappropriately. :lol:

I think I like this one best. But the pattern's a little advanced for me. I'm newer to knitting. :lol: So I'll have to pay you to make me one. :smile:

I'm pretty new at it too, so I need to work up the courage. I bought a vest pattern last winter and haven't attempted it yet. :pathetic:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Thanks everyone. ] It's not a cowl-[/B] those have lots of extra floppy fabric. I like the neckline and wanted to try making a sweater for myself like it. I used to like turtle neck type shirts, but now I can't stand anything in the front of my neck. It's gotten to the point I can't stand to wear regular t-shirts, I prefer v-neck. :lol:

:yay: That's why I said not really like one. :lol:

I've seen it a lot in women's sweaters, and I think I have one similar to that neckline now. I know I've had one in the past. I really don't like wearing turtle neck shirts, either. I only wear the "mock" turtlenecks when there's snow or it's bone-chilling cold.

happy_bee4

Going back to the stars
:yay: That's why I said not really like one. :lol:

I've seen it a lot in women's sweaters, and I think I have one similar to that neckline now. I know I've had one in the past. I really don't like wearing turtle neck shirts, either. I only wear the "mock" turtlenecks when there's snow or it's bone-chilling cold.

It looks like a V neck sweater to me. They sell similar women's sweaters in the fall/winter a JCPenney for women and that is what they call them. Good Luck !!! :)