What do you do when your policy is an utter failure???

transporter

If you are Donald Trump, you ramp up the same policy and make things far, far worse!!!

Trump orders withdrawal of U.S. forces from northern Syria, days after Pentagon downplays possibility
President Trump has ordered a withdrawal of virtually all U.S. forces from northern Syria in the face of a Turkish military offensive targeting Kurdish fighters in the region, Defense Secretary Mark T. Esper said Sunday, after days of assurances from the Pentagon that the United States was not “abandoning” its partners in the campaign against the Islamic State.

The order to remove the troops came toward the end of a chaotic day in which the viability of the U.S. mission in Syria rapidly unraveled after Turkish troops and their Syrian rebel proxies advanced deep into Syrian territory and cut U.S. supply lines.

U.S. troops were forced to abandon a base in the town of Ain Issa on Sunday morning as the Turkish-led forces approached, a U.S. official said, speaking on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the issue. The Turkish-backed fighters seized control of the nearby highway, establishing checkpoints and severing the main U.S. supply line to the western portion of territory held by the Syrian Democratic Forces, the Kurdish-led alliance that helped the United States defeat the Islamic State.

What a guy!! What a leader!!!

“We have American forces likely caught between two opposing advancing armies and it’s a very untenable situation,” Esper said. “So I spoke with the president last night after discussions with the rest of the national security team, and he directed that we begin a deliberate withdrawal of forces from northern Syria.”

What is Trump's new campaign slogan? "American First!! We abandon our allies before everyone else!!"

Greatest president of historical significance my ass...well actually he may be historically significant---but it won't be for being great.

black dog

Free America
If you are Donald Trump, you ramp up the same policy and make things far, far worse!!!

Trump orders withdrawal of U.S. forces from northern Syria, days after Pentagon downplays possibility

What a guy!! What a leader!!!

What is Trump's new campaign slogan? "American First!! We abandon our allies before everyone else!!"

Greatest president of historical significance my ass...well actually he may be historically significant---but it won't be for being great.

How about you go get your GED and enlist in the Army or if they will have you The Marine Corps.

Reactions: BOP

MiddleGround

I see that, about 5% dont have a diploma.

Really??? Hmmmmm.....

The United States Marine Corps, or USMC, is one of the branches of the U.S. armed forces. Different branches of the military have different enlistment requirements, but it is possible to enlist in the Marines without a high school diploma. Ninety percent of enlisted Marines are required to hold diplomas, however the Marines have a policy of accepting no more than 5 percent of recruits without one. Enlistees are placed in a three-tier system. Tier 1 recruits hold a diploma, tier 2 recruits have earned a GED and tier 3 recruits have neither."

EDIT: Ahhh... I see that you changed your post while I was responding.

transporter

Interesting responses...completely in line with the educational levels.

So...here's a question for you chuckleheads...how is Trump's idiot withdrawal, cut and run from Syria any different from Obama's withdrawal, cut and run from Iraq????

Do you morons have a thought on that? (probably not)

black dog

Free America
Really??? Hmmmmm.....

The United States Marine Corps, or USMC, is one of the branches of the U.S. armed forces. Different branches of the military have different enlistment requirements, but it is possible to enlist in the Marines without a high school diploma. Ninety percent of enlisted Marines are required to hold diplomas, however the Marines have a policy of accepting no more than 5 percent of recruits without one. Enlistees are placed in a three-tier system. Tier 1 recruits hold a diploma, tier 2 recruits have earned a GED and tier 3 recruits have neither."

EDIT: Ahhh... I see that you changed your post while I was responding.

What do you think I cant read and learn something new?

I talked to my son this evening a they were having a cookout in front of their barracks. I asked him to pass this question around and not one Infantry Marine could be found that enlisted with a GED much less no diploma.

Reactions: BOP

BOP

Interesting responses...completely in line with the educational levels.

So...here's a question for you chuckleheads...how is Trump's idiot withdrawal, cut and run from Syria any different from Obama's withdrawal, cut and run from Iraq????

Do you morons have a thought on that? (probably not)
I've said it before: I just can't fathom why a prize like you is still single.

And not invited to policy discussions at the White House.

BOP

What do you think I cant read and learn something new?

I talked to my son this evening a they were having a cookout in front of their barracks. I asked him to pass this question around and not one Infantry Marine could be found that enlisted with a GED much less no diploma.
I'm pretty sure the Marines won't take you unless you have at least a GED or a high school diploma.

I know, I was as shocked as you are.

:lmao:

black dog

Free America
I'm pretty sure the Marines won't take you unless you have at least a GED or a high school diploma.

I know, I was as shocked as you are.

:lmao:

I have a friend that was a Marine Recruiter in Annapolis for many years, I'll ask him and see how often he saw it happen.

BOP

I have a friend that was a Marine Recruiter in Annapolis for many years, I'll ask him and see how often he saw it happen.
I'm guessing probably never, though no telling how far that goes back. I've worked with a lot of Marines over the years, and it's pretty tough to find Marines at the NCO level who don't have at least a few college courses under their belts, let along high school. Staff NCOs and above tend to have quite a few college credits and even degrees by the time they retire. Smart, getting Uncle Sugar to pay for college while they're still on active duty.