What do you do?

SG_Player1974

It's not my fault you all want to form a premature line, and it's not my fault there is always someone who isn't chomping at the bit to jackrabbit forward the second the person in front of them moves. Why on earth wouldn't I take advantage of that?

Ahhhh yes...

Another one of the mindless masses that thinks the MULTIPLE road signs that say "Lane closed ahead." and "Merge into left/right lane in 500FT" does not apply to them.

So which is it? You played the bleeding heart by saying you were happy to let countless people into your lane. Now, you talk about taking advantage of others and ignoring the signs and cutting in.

Which is it?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I understand your dislike, especially with a long commute. No, I don't think what the impatient one's are doing to be courteous, but I like being courteous, so I let maybe one, or two in depending on circumstance.

Life is short and there are better ways to spend my anger. I let them in. You are right, however, that you have no obligation to be polite.

If I understood, we are not talking people who 'oops I didnt see I had to merge, but serial line busters'

piss on then, I don't let them in, there [most likely] IMHO wouldn't be a 'long' line to merge except for these wankers clogging up the works

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The typical passer isn't finding a gap. They are zipping past as fast as possible to the end to squeeze in. I watch in my rear view mirror and see people pull out of the open lane and get in the closing lane to pass everyone up.

oh and now lets add people zipping up the shoulder

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Anyway, instead of giving up and going through the light on Rt. 235 and turning around up ahead, he squeezed his car to the left side of the right-turn lane to Rt. 4. People were yelling and blowing their horns at him along with other gestures. He forced his way in or else the other cars would have been side-swiped by him. I was amazed at his gall.

people should be able to provide dash cam video to the police a few 9mm casings and execute people like this where they sit in their cars

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
If a sign on the highway says "Merge in 1000 ft" and you get into the proper lane immediately, why do you think you're somehow morally obligated to prevent someone else from following the posted directions?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
An example of what could be a clusterf* but it works more often than not:

Going north on Rt 4 at 235. You have two lanes - the left lane can either go straight or turn left; the right lane goes straight only. Upon going through the light, you have the right-turning traffic from 235 merging in. Adding to the cluster, about a half mile up the right lane is a right turn only, so all that traffic that has combined must re-combine into one left lane. At afternoon rush it is insane, but somehow everyone manages to cooperate and get in the lane they need to be in.

So the zipper does work, and there's no need to freak out and crowd one lane just because there is a merge coming up in a mile or so.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have to reply without reading all of the posts before I loose my train of thought. People do that at Chick Fil a also. There are usually 4 lanes but everybody wants to cram up at the side door. I have seen the manager come out telling everyone there are 4 lines and asking them to pick a register and everyone just ignored him like he was not even talking but when someone walked in the other door and straight up to the registers everyone acted like they were cutting.

You see it all the time. Big ol' line, cashier will open up another register and say, "I can help the next customer over here!" and the people in the line....stand there. "No thank you, I like this line." So I go heck yeah and walk over to the register and the dummehs that were ahead of me give me stink eye, but then a few will change lanes. They were just waiting for someone else to do it first.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

At Lowes the other day in the contractor area check out. You know the one with two cashiers at the big roll-up doors? The far left one had a line about five deep, the right side one I got into had a woman waiting at the register. The cashier was absent. Other cashier said she'd be back in a moment. We waited. While at the same time that five deep line went down pretty fast and at the same time added more customers. We waited. Watching the other line move right along. When the cashier returned, there were no original customers in the other line and maybe three to four extra customers already rung out. Chatted with the woman in front of me asking why do we, people, wait in a line while other lines are moving along quite smartly. Why don't we change lanes? Jokingly, I said maybe it's because we wanted to complain to the cashier of the long wait we had to endure? It's not like we had a huge cart of lumber. I had two items in my push cart and she one item of wood. Is there a psychology in human nature that explain this? Maybe because I wasn't in a rush I didn't move to the other lane? Upon reflection, maybe it was like an experiment, to stand there and count the number of other customers taken care of before our line was. Never did complain.

But about that Dunkirk traffic. Was in the left lane waiting one day, and down in the dip, a car was passing, not speeding, all to get to the front in the right lane, when, as luck would have it, an unmarked police car pulled sharply out of the left lane and commenced to pull that car over. Well, all the other following cars behind the pulled over fellow started to quickly get into the left lane. Seemed that officer was a little upset that while he was waiting as the rest of us were, others were failing to follow the signage. But that action, for that moment, for those present, reinforced good and proper rules of the road.

PeoplesElbow

You see it all the time. Big ol' line, cashier will open up another register and say, "I can help the next customer over here!" and the people in the line....stand there. "No thank you, I like this line." So I go heck yeah and walk over to the register and the dummehs that were ahead of me give me stink eye, but then a few will change lanes. They were just waiting for someone else to do it first.

Once at Giant that happened to me sort of, I was behind someone with a big cart full of stuff and of course there was a price check. New cashier "I can help the next customer" i went to turn my cart around to go over there only to be beaten by two other people. The girlfriend at the time said rather loudly to the first guy "I hope your dick falls off".