What do you know about melanoma

lmor

A close friend has just been diagnosed with melanoma in lymph nodes under her arm. Nine years ago she had a melanoma removed from the same arm. She is scheduled to have the lymphs removed. Then treatment. This week she is having a PET scan and bloodwork to detect if the disease has spread. The oncologist was more hopeful than surgeon.

If you have had experience with this disease. I would appreciate your sharing information. Any advice and insights would be helpful. Thanks

M

Mousebaby

A close friend has just been diagnosed with melanoma in lymph nodes under her arm. Nine years ago she had a melanoma removed from the same arm. She is scheduled to have the lymphs removed. Then treatment. This week she is having a PET scan and bloodwork to detect if the disease has spread. The oncologist was more hopeful than surgeon.

If you have had experience with this disease. I would appreciate your sharing information. Any advice and insights would be helpful. Thanks

The only thing I know, and it's only because I had a dog that died from it, is that it spreads super fast if not treated. So make sure your friend gets all the treatments she is supposed to have when she is supposed to have them. By the time we found out my dog had it, it was too late for her. I had to do the humane thing and let her go. Hopefully they are getting to your friend early. Give your friend hugs from me, and you hang in there and be the best friend you can be! :huggy: