What Do You Watch?

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I'm pretty fed up with tv at this point. The morning shows suck, celebrities doing shows from their homes, the level of conversation and topics and has dwindled to nothing, but they drone on. News is nearly nothing but COVID related. Evening shows are all repeats. You can only watch so many movies. I've taken to watching PBS kid's shows, FailArmy and pet vids. Right now I'm watching a 10 year old documentary on Bigfoot.

I really have to find something to do......

Grumpy

Watch alot of youtube vids..car stuff (Vinwiki, Rob Pitts, Tavarish), documentaries on bizarre crimes..and on TV reruns of old shows..Star Trek, Andy Griffin, Hogans Heros, etc.

One of the wildest Vinwiki stories is about a solo Cannonball Run where a guy RENTED a Mustang GT, modified it (gas tanks, radar detectors, etc) and went NYC to LA in 25(?) hours..

UglyBear

Weird foreign shows on Amazon (think Finnish crime show, or Indian historical show), YouTube channels that GURPS also likes (Forgotten Weapons, LindyBeige, In between wars -- crazy addictive!!!).

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Started to watch Hell on Wheels, it withered in the second season. Altered Carbon was better in the first season than the second. Norsemen was funny for two seasons, havent' seen the third yet. Started watchin Merlin, as it was recommended. Takes a bit of getting used to but SFSG. Agents of Shield fizzled after season two and turned stupid.

It's really hard to find something anymore.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Schitt's Creek is hilarious.

We liked The Ranch until the last season when it got too dramatic.

I'll second Yellowstone :yay:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
YouTube channels that GURPS also likes (Forgotten Weapons, LindyBeige, In between wars -- crazy addictive!!!).

Yep ... short enough to watch a couple

The Cuban Missile Crisis was Eye Opening .......

ya'll had Tactical Nukes positioned in Cuba besides the SS-4's and R-14's

and 40,000 troops and we were considering invading

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Since mid-March, we've watched:

Better Call Saul
The Crown
Versaille
Home Fires
Belgravia
Downton Abby
Doctor Thorne
Homeland
Billions
Shameless
The Tudors

plus others I can't remember.....

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Watch Andy Griffith from season 1. Opie gets big so fast. Plus they go from B&W to color in around 4 seasons. The Wire is a good show since it's somewhat relevant to people in SOMD. Hill St Blues was another good series but watching it seems dated with pay phones and cops smoking in the day room. And the older cars in the outdoor shots.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I watch the fish breaking the top of the surface and stirring up grass shrimp to send them skittering across the water in all directions. I watch the osprey dive from incredible heights to snatch a meal from the water without missing a beat, and flying back towards it's nest to feed it's young. I watch the great blue heron slowly wading around the shoreline in search of a quick snack. I watch watermen fish their pots and collect their meager catch to whisk it off to market. I watch the bald eagle as he majestically keeps an eye on the river happenings. I watch the tide line on the river shore recede dictating that playtime is almost up. I watch the Potomac.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I watch a lot of the old seasons of Last Man Standing. Only watched one of the reboot and the show isn't the same without the original Mandy.

I also watch a lot of crime shows. You'd think I get enough of that at work. Things like Homicide Hunter and The First 48. Really any true crime re-enactment shows.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I watch the fish breaking the top of the surface and stirring up grass shrimp to send them skittering across the water in all directions. I watch the osprey dive from incredible heights to snatch a meal from the water without missing a beat, and flying back towards it's nest to feed it's young. I watch the great blue heron slowly wading around the shoreline in search of a quick snack. I watch watermen fish their pots and collect their meager catch to whisk it off to market. I watch the bald eagle as he majestically keeps an eye on the river happenings. I watch the tide line on the river shore recede dictating that playtime is almost up. I watch the Potomac.
Outstanding. I used to have that channel, need to find it again on the dial....

Christy

b*tch rocket
Since mid-March, we've watched:

Better Call Saul
The Crown
Versaille
Home Fires
Belgravia
Downton Abby
Doctor Thorne
Homeland
Billions
Shameless
The Tudors

plus others I can't remember.....

Have you watched Poldark yet? It's really good.

I just started watching Dark on Netflix. So far it's really good (if you are into Sci-Fi and don't mind subtitles). We are also watching Perry Mason on HBO which is good. Below are some other really good shows.

Offspring (still a favorite)
Call the Midwife
After Life (Ricky Gervais)
Upload
The Expanse
A Place to call home