what feeds do you use?

TCF42

yeeeeeee!
I'm toying around with the idea of finding another feed brand that I can get a little closer to home. We are currently using Buckeye and have to drive an hour one way just to get a load! I love the Buckeye because it's a formulated feed and the horses all do so well on it, and I feel like I don't have to feed too much of it. We feed from babies to seniors, mares to studs, and all different work loads from not a damn thing to performance horse. So I'm wondering, what feeds do you use, and where do you get them? I'd like some suggestions on other possibly formulated feeds if you have any, too. However I'm not stuck on formulated if the price, distance, and effectiveness is right!

So, what feeds do you use?

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
Select(from southern states) for the easy keepers, then legends performance for my tb's and they look AWSOME on it (i put some in with the select for the other guys too). Select is $8 a bag, and L.P is $14.55, and S.S is only 5 min from my house, and I believe they can deliver if you order over a certain amout.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Doesn't Hampton Horse Farm in Owings sell Buckeye? I couldn't find anything on their website so, maybe they stopped?

I checked the Buckeye site and found this:

"Wicomico Grain Elevator, Inc."
12585 Olde Mill Road
Charlotte Hall, MD 20622
Charles County
USA
(301) 934-4105

But, I feed Nutrena. I use two different feeds from them, Triumph (sweet feed) and Compete (pellet). I get this feed delivered. There are three local dealers:

THOMAS SMACK
600 WILSON ROAD
HUNTINGTOWN, MD 20639
410-535-0799

MYERS FEED, INC.
3610 OLD CRAIN HWY
UPPER MARLBORO, MD 20772
301-627-8164

TRACTOR SUPPLY CO.
10795 WAWA LANE
WHITE PLAINS, MD 20695
301-632-2266

TCF42

yeeeeeee!
they used to, but they don't anymore. That's how we got started on it, but since they've stopped we go down to Wicomico like you mentioned, but it's a good hour from us (Northern Calvert). We actually moved from the Nutrena to the Buckeye, we used to get it from Tom Smack as well.

highnote

I really like blue seal. But if you are happy with Buckeye, it is probably worth the drive. I drive almost an hour each way, every week, to get the blue seal.

XSalute

I like Strategy GX, but I am not sure who all carries it your way. I would prefer to stick with it when we move out there.

TCF42

yeeeeeee!
hmmm, very interesting. thanks for all the input I may have to switch one over to the blue seal and see how they do. what do the prices usually run on the sentinel performance?

covekat

Triple Crown brands here (Complete, Low Starch), along with some of the Legends feed (Pelleted Rice Bran and Mare and Foal).

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
I actually spoke to a Blue Seal rep the other day, he came into my work. He was very nice, gave me some cupons, booklets and his business card. I'm going to look a little into it (maybe just to use the cupons), but I have his info if you would like to know some more about the brand, I'm sure he would be willing to help. His business card said he was from WV.