What flowers can I plant in FULL SUN?

BPC

I know it has been asked on here before, but I need some help, we are planning on buying flowers and bushes for the front of the house and I have no idea where to start. I am looking for something Low maintenance and tough, also they would have to be able to withstand full (All day) Sun. Any help would be appreciative, The areas are not too big, a 10X10 on one side and then Just a 8X3 section along the walkway.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Million Bells (Calibracoa).

Last year I planted a small pot on my side patio, which gets full sun all day, and they exploded. Had to repot them twice.

They look like mini petunias and come in a bunch of different colors.

If you google 'full sun plants' or 'full sun bushes', you'll get many ideas.

I've read Hydrangea does well in the sun, so I planted one this spring.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Liatris, Iris, Lilac, Sedum....I'll post more if I think of something. I have the 3 listed. I cat the brown Liatris down in the fall, separate the Iris every couple of years, and I can't remember the last time I touched the Sedum. I have a few other things, but can't remember the names :ohwell:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Seeeeee! It wasn't my thumb's fault afterall! I had mine planted where they had morning shade and full afternoon/evening sun and they just weren't happy at all.

And did you ask meeeeeeeeeeeeeee about them, huh????? Didja???

No. :tap:

Come get 'em and you can have a free tray.

And did you ask meeeeeeeeeeeeeee about them, huh????? Didja???

No. :tap:

Come get 'em and you can have a free tray.
Hmmmm... I may just have to visit my sis in Fredneck soon...:starcat: Now that I know the gerber-sun rule I do have a morning sun/afternoon shade area I could put them in. I had written gerbers off as a fickle-better-as-silk-n-plastic kinda flower...:flowers:

Pinkflamingo

Two perennials that are very hardy and love full sun are purple coneflower and heliopsis "summer sun". Both are grown very easily by seed and are very prolific at reseeding too.
A bonus is that in the fall when the seed dries out the goldfinches love them. They come to my yard by the dozen to pick the seeds and eat them.