What Happened At The HP Show??

SayDLvr01

Bubbalicious!
Today my dad's firehouse pager went off, saying a 19 year old girl had fallen off of a horse at the HP show and landed on her neck. This was only a few hours after I had left and I've gotten a few more details about it since then. But I am very curious, what happened exactly? Did anyone see it?

FrmGrl

Get some!
Yes, I was along side her as we got her situated with the EMT's
She hopefully will be ok. She was airlifted out to a trauma center. I am sure she would like to keep her identity confidential as well as any other medical information. Lets just all pray she is ok and everything was just for safety. It was a stressful day at HPEC but they did a great job keeping horses and people safe and secure while all of the activity was going on.

W

WhoCares

Best Wishes to the rider...

I hope they have some this spring. We will be moving into a new division.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
:yawn::jameo::doh::barf::nono::shocked::faint: These are all the emotions I felt at today's show. I am glad it is over. I am wiped out. It turned out to be a beautiful day and we had a great turn out. I saw one too many helicopters though. I have great pictures but I may be too tired to post them. I leave at 6 AM and my husband left me a list of to do's before I went to bed including feeding, bathing, and putting the kids to bed. Why should I be suprised?

Winn Dixie

Song of the South
:yawn::jameo::doh::barf::nono::shocked::faint: These are all the emotions I felt at today's show. I am glad it is over. I am wiped out. It turned out to be a beautiful day and we had a great turn out. I saw one too many helicopters though. I have great pictures but I may be too tired to post them. I leave at 6 AM and my husband left me a list of to do's before I went to bed including feeding, bathing, and putting the kids to bed. Why should I be suprised?

We're back, at least for the moment.:howdy:We're so sorry to hear about the incident at HPEC and do wish the rider a speedy recovery.
But, Sadie, we're confused. Do you mean that if your husband didn't leave it on a to do list you wouldn't feed, bathe and put your kids to bed?:whistle:That is shocking!:coffee:

BeenSpur'd

I love her wild,wild hair
:howdy: I was at the show and saw the fall. Her head hit hard enough to sound loud 150 feet away. I have a friend on the rescue squad and talked to her after the helo left. She said they had to cut all her clothes off including her boots to get her ready for the helo. She'll be needing a new pair of boots and riding clothes when she is ready to ride again. At the very least she will feel like she was hit by a car, hope she has a full recovery so she can get back in the saddle again. I feel for you Sadielady, you did a great job handling everything...

pmsmare

We're back, at least for the moment.:howdy:We're so sorry to hear about the incident at HPEC and do wish the rider a speedy recovery.
But, Sadie, we're confused. Do you mean that if your husband didn't leave it on a to do list you wouldn't feed, bathe and put your kids to bed?:whistle:That is shocking!:coffee:

Oh Goodness, look who it is the one that wears the brains in her ass. Why are you asking questions like that in a thread about an injured rider. Just goes to show the class you posess. Since one of your buddies board at Holly Point why dont you ask her? Or ask one of your other friends that are at FIF?

After an exhausting day I am sure Sadie thought she could return home and relax, with all the stress of the last show. The tension of excitement with a fallen rider, To whom I hope has a speedy 100% recovery and returns to enjoy her sport, to continue riding and love of horses.

FrmGrl

Get some!
:howdy: I was at the show and saw the fall. Her head hit hard enough to sound loud 150 feet away. I have a friend on the rescue squad and talked to her after the helo left. She said they had to cut all her clothes off including her boots to get her ready for the helo. She'll be needing a new pair of boots and riding clothes when she is ready to ride again. At the very least she will feel like she was hit by a car, hope she has a full recovery so she can get back in the saddle again. I feel for you Sadielady, you did a great job handling everything...

They made the right call on her. The EMT's did a great job and did what they had to do. Cant go in the copter with the clothes on and when you are in pain that is what happens. Everyone always asks why do they have to cutt stuff off and it simple. You cant assess what you cant see. HPEC had lots of nurses and retired EMT's there and everyone did a great job.

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Oh Goodness, look who it is the one that wears the brains in her ass. Why are you asking questions like that in a thread about an injured rider. Just goes to show the class you posess. Since one of your buddies board at Holly Point why dont you ask her? Or ask one of your other friends that are at FIF?

After an exhausting day I am sure Sadie thought she could return home and relax, with all the stress of the last show. The tension of excitement with a fallen rider, To whom I hope has a speedy 100% recovery and returns to enjoy her sport, to continue riding and love of horses.

Ditto what you said PMS

Wishing her a speedy recovery. :flowers: Hope she can get back in the saddle real soon.:huggy:

Not to get :offtopic:, but that was very poor timing on the Hubby's part to even leave a Honey Do List like that knowing she had probably been up since the wee hours of Sunday morning & ran the show all day. Some Hubby's just don't get us horse women. Funny how some people responding to this thread can't see the :sarcasm: in others posts.

BZHorseMomE

They made the right call on her. The EMT's did a great job and did what they had to do. Cant go in the copter with the clothes on and when you are in pain that is what happens. Everyone always asks why do they have to cutt stuff off and it simple. You cant assess what you cant see. HPEC had lots of nurses and retired EMT's there and everyone did a great job.

Sounds like she got speedy medical attention. :howdy:

SayDLvr01

Bubbalicious!
Wow, that's all really scary! Sounds like it was handled well though.
I also hope she gets better soon and can ride again!
I heard she fell off after going over a jump, is that what happened?
No one has mentioned anything about the horse, so I'm assuming he's okay too?

BZHorseMomE

Winn thanks for the RED???????????? Not sure why you always leave it, but don't sign it.:whistle:

Well wishes for the person that was injured.

FrmGrl

Get some!
I believe the young lady is now safe at home. No serious injuries and the horse was fine too. So glad it all turned out ok and was just for safety. Just another reminder how very well those helmets work.

pmsmare

Winn thanks for the RED???????????? Not sure why you always leave it, but don't sign it.:whistle:

Well wishes for the person that was injured.

You got some too? At least this one spelled the words right. :killingme
mommy must be away from the computer again, no supervision, or they remembered the password to get on.

appaholic

I am glad she and horse are ok!:yahoo: All this must have happened after I showed in am.

I know the EMT are right about cutting clothing, but I have funny story to tell. My hubby who usually looks at me with "where did I get this woman looks" concerning my many picky horse/nonhorse issues behaved like me last spring. While bicycle riding in a pace line he and other riders where seriously injured, but the first thing he is crying about is his colored coded specially made jersey and his bike! This from a man who can not even match his socks most days, but we can dress to match the bike! Oh, and before he would let them cut the jersey, with a dislocated shoulder he took it off, the pain!:smack: Now I have always had "my look", but that day in disgust I became aware my children come from a damaged gene pool on both sides!

Last edited: