What happened to Frederick Maryland?

Grumpy

No idea. He dumped me on FB years ago. 😅
Funny, he dialed my number by mistake 2 or 3 years ago. Surprised but I answered whats up? He sprung into the reason why he called (someone else) and after 20 seconds of listening to him, I said you have no idea who you called..lol. We talked for a few, said he was fine and how he had changed his biz around.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Wifes' grandmother lived in Libertytown. Wifey just had to show me the potato hole (root cellar) in the side of a hill when we were dating. That place was a Norman Rockwell painting in the 80s.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
When I moved there in the mid-90s the downtown was heading decidedly upscale hipster with funky clothing stores, markets, gastropubs, and street art. In the however many years I was there it fully transformed into a legit walky/shoppy/eaty destination, somewhere worth a weekend getaway.
When it was the nearest "big town' to our farm back in the 60s and 70s, Frederick downtown was a real dump. Quite the turnaround...

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
When it was the nearest "big town' to our farm back in the 60s and 70s, Frederick downtown was a real dump. Quite the turnaround...
I’m surprised the hipsters didn’t make them tear it all down in the name of woke anti-history.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

They really stepped up and did a nice job. Monello and I have seen countless small towns that you can tell had a thriving downtown at one point, and now they're just dead. Or they have the makings of being a destination and for whatever reason the people running the town won't make it happen. DeFuniak Springs about a half hour from me is like that.