Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
auto_ford_mustang_mustang_shelby_gt_500_kr___1968_028031_.jpg

limblips

PREMO Member
What I'll have to settle for....

112_0807_03z-2008_ford_shelby_GT500KR-front_three_quarters_view1.jpg
Be careful what you wish for. I bought my post employment muscle car and found it got very expensive, insurance, low gas mileage, higher service costs, speeding tickets, a few reckless driving (reduced in court after my $1500.00 lawyer and I still didn't get the hot babes in bikinis the brochure showed. I still wake up next to my wife.

General Lee

Do you like this generation body style of the Mustang?

Waldorf ford had (still might) a lime green GT500 in the showroom about a week ago. Not my color choice but still a Shelby.

limblips

PREMO Member
Do you like this generation body style of the Mustang?

Waldorf ford had (still might) a lime green GT500 in the showroom about a week ago. Not my color choice but still a Shelby.
There is a reason they still have a lime green GT500. Puke color. I saw a blurb that next year (2021) spells the end for the GT350 and the Shelby line. They are coming out with a Mach 1 but I haven't seen the specs.

General Lee

There is a reason they still have a lime green GT500. Puke color. I saw a blurb that next year (2021) spells the end for the GT350 and the Shelby line. They are coming out with a Mach 1 but I haven't seen the specs.
Actually the GT350 is done this year. The GT500 will be still be produced. Mach 1's are coming out in the spring. Ordering should be opening up very soon for them. They are spec'd like the 2019-2020 Bullitt but additional coolers are added and suspension upgrades to make them road course track ready. Same motor specs as the Bullitt edition. They have a handling package and an appearance package. No iconic shaker hood though. So with the bullitts and GT350 being done, the Mach 1 is the bridge between the regular GT's and the GT500's
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

limblips

PREMO Member
Actually the GT350 is done this year. The GT500 will be still be produced. Mach 1's are coming out in the spring. Ordering should be opening up very soon for them. They are spec'd like the 2019-2020 Bullitt but additional coolers are added and suspension upgrades to make them road course track ready. Same motor specs as the Bullitt edition. They have a handling package and an appearance package. No iconic shaker hood though. So with the bullitts and GT350 being done, the Mach 1 is the bridge between the regular GT's and the GT500's
maxresdefault.jpg
A Mach1 without a shaker? Blasphemy!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

One of my most closest friends had a lime green 1968 KR500 back in HS. That was back in 1975/76 when he bought it used. I wonder if that's the color they re-introduced on the GT500 yr talking about?

General Lee

I miss looking over the shaker on my Mach1 but I don't miss trying to get out of it! 2004 Mach1, Torch Red 5 speed.
Amen to that. They are low to the ground, I have the same problem. Requires a certain technique to get in and out. I love driving my stang though, 480HP and an awesome sounding exhaust. Puts a smile on my face every time I'm in it.

limblips

PREMO Member
BIL bought a used '65 Mustang when he got back from Vietnam. He didn't know what he had until he went to replace the brakes. When he got them and tried to put them on he found they were wrong. When he took them back and they crossed his VIN he found out he had a "K" code! His wife to be wrecked it. By today's standard it was repairable but the insurance company totaled it.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Amen to that. They are low to the ground, I have the same problem. Requires a certain technique to get in and out.

When my joints were acting up (rheumatic disease...all better for the time being) I'd have to literally roll out of my Pantera to all fours and then use the door as an assist to stand up again..LOL. Gettin' old is hell, especially if you like low-seated sports cars. I'm sure my TR3 will be little better....

Grumpy

When my joints were acting up (rheumatic disease...all better for the time being) I'd have to literally roll out of my Pantera to all fours and then use the door as an assist to stand up again..LOL. Gettin' old is hell, especially if you like low-seated sports cars. I'm sure my TR3 will be little better....
Haven't reached that yet..:lol: Was close to selling my last low slung car when I ran across a more powerful model, traded car that I was struggling to get in and out of for another and I just deal with it cuz this one is so fun to drive. Had an MG years ago and I remember my father saying how the hell do you get in and out of it..I understand now..:lol: